We currently have limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions. We encourage you to find quick answers to your questions by searching the community forum, visiting our Help Center, or messaging us (message response times will be delayed). Thank you for your patience.
New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, May 3rd, from 4-5pm GMT.
Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.
How Community Q&A session works:
The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.
In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe.
During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.
At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.
Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!
Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked!
Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums. This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future!
You don't have to answer them all but I will get the ball rolling with some.
1. Sellers seem to have lost the option to 'cancel' pending echeques on their end, they can only 'refund' them losing themselves money in the process. Is this true of every country or are there some countries that can still cancel pending eecheques.
2. The currency conversion option appears to be missing from personal accounts, is it only available on business accounts. I can 'add currencies' on my paypal account but no option to convert those currencies.
3. Getting bored yet? >> The international list that we use on here to check out options for each country appears out of date eg it says folks in Nigeria can't receive funds but yet we are asked by Nigerians how to withdraw funds from their paypal balance !!
4. I never know how to direct someone to contact information for customer services in their country. Is Facebook and Twitter available to help folks worldwide or just some countries?
5. The message centre seems to have gone AWOL on business accounts according to a lot of business account users, is it coming back for them?
6. Can you block someone paying to your paypal account, it should be an option especially with the new refund policy.
7. As someone can send you a large payment and when you have to refund it then you lose money should there not be an option to deny a payment or accept it?
I am sorry about the delay in my response.
1. Sellers should still have the option to cancel e-cheques. There have been some changes in certain markets that will help prevent the request to the buyer's bank from receiving an e-cheque request if the cancellation is completed within a couple of hours.
2. You should have the option to convert as explained :
This would indicate that they have tried to bypass our country restrictions and opened account outside their country.
4. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. This should guide to their local pages or language where available.
5. There is no Message Centre as such on a business account, but the can send and receive emails through the Help section of their account.
6. and 7. At the moment you cannot block someone from sending you a payment. We have received some feedback in regards to recent changes. I cannot comment on these on this platform.