PayPal Community Q&A - May 29, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_JonK

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, May 29nd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Cheers! 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Smartease

Hi Jon,

In the spirit of transparency, let me start by saying that I work for Kinstream Media Inc. and Crowdh News.

I have 3 questions for you:

1) Why did PayPal seemingly stop providing support to their clients? (from personal experience and looking at @AskPayPal on Twitter.)

2) PayPal doesn't recognize Canadian Corporations as valid businesses, why is that and are there US sanctions against Canada that people aren't aware of yet? (from personal experience and talking to other businesses.)

3) As a financial institution, how does Paypal avoid being regulated by the OSFI? (from the OSFI website itself.)

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Smartease wrote:

Hi Jon,

In the spirit of transparency, let me start by saying that I work for Kinstream Media Inc. and Crowdh News.

I have 3 questions for you:

1) Why did PayPal seemingly stop providing support to their clients? (from personal experience and looking at @AskPayPal on Twitter.)

2) PayPal doesn't recognize Canadian Corporations as valid businesses, why is that and are there US sanctions against Canada that people aren't aware of yet? (from personal experience and talking to other businesses.)

3) As a financial institution, how does Paypal avoid being regulated by the OSFI? (from the OSFI website itself.)

Thank you for your time.

Hi @Smartease,

Thank you for your joining our Q&A today, and for your patience while I looked into this. As this isn't a specific question regarding an issue with your PayPal account, the best option would be to reach out to us directly via this link by choosing "Send an email" under the PayPal Canada option. We should be able to look into this more directly and provide any information we can to resolve your questions and any problems you may be experiencing. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

giljunior17
Contributor
Contributor

My name is Gilberto, I live in Brazil.
In October of 2016 I was in Miami, FL. Thinking shopping online, I bought a PayPal My Cash card, worth $500.
However I could not add funds to my PayPal account, because a message appeared informing me that my account should be from the US and that I should have SSN.
I called Customer Service to request a refund (registration # 834881). The attendant asked me an address to send a check.
I do not have an address in the US so I asked to send it to a friend's address in Sunny Isles, FL.
But no check has been received so far!
I request the refund immediately, otherwise I will bring you to court and request moral damages.
I'm in the USA again, and I want to solve this situation, because for me it's a lot of money!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@giljunior17 wrote:

My name is Gilberto, I live in Brazil.
In October of 2016 I was in Miami, FL. Thinking shopping online, I bought a PayPal My Cash card, worth $500.
However I could not add funds to my PayPal account, because a message appeared informing me that my account should be from the US and that I should have SSN.
I called Customer Service to request a refund (registration # 834881). The attendant asked me an address to send a check.
I do not have an address in the US so I asked to send it to a friend's address in Sunny Isles, FL.
But no check has been received so far!
I request the refund immediately, otherwise I will bring you to court and request moral damages.
I'm in the USA again, and I want to solve this situation, because for me it's a lot of money!

Hello @giljunior17,

Welcome to our weekly Q&A! I'm sorry to hear you were unable to use your MyCash Card. Unfortunately, PayPal discontinued support of the MyCash option to add funds into your PayPal account in 2017. Payments made to purchase My Cash cards that were not subsequently added to a PayPal account can only be collected directly from the company that issued the card, which is Green Dot. I would recommend reaching out to Green Dot Customer Support for further assistance. 

Good luck,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

lopezjose122287
New Community Member

Hello.

Recently i received an email from PP allowing me to withdraw my funds after my account was permanently limited. Attempting to do so, it will not allow me to add or update my new bank account. The account currently linked has been closed a few months ago. What can i do here to withdraw the funds into my new bank account? ( I'm not interested in having a check mailed to me).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@lopezjose122287 wrote:

Hello.

Recently i received an email from PP allowing me to withdraw my funds after my account was permanently limited. Attempting to do so, it will not allow me to add or update my new bank account. The account currently linked has been closed a few months ago. What can i do here to withdraw the funds into my new bank account? ( I'm not interested in having a check mailed to me).

Hi @lopezjose122287,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to add a new bank for withdrawal of the funds on your limited PayPal account. For assistance adding the bank, please contact PayPal customer service by phone. To find the number to call, please visit the PayPal website and click Contact at the bottom of the page, then click Call us. You can log in or call as a guest.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JokerLizzie

Hey so I asked this question by email and didn't really get a response, my account was recently limited, don't know why but that's not what my question is about. I have money that I haven't accepted yet but I planned on, if I click accept can I transfer it directly to my card and just not use paypal anymore since its limited, or am I going to have to wait the 180 days because I needed the money for this upcoming week.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JokerLizzie wrote:

Hey so I asked this question by email and didn't really get a response, my account was recently limited, don't know why but that's not what my question is about. I have money that I haven't accepted yet but I planned on, if I click accept can I transfer it directly to my card and just not use paypal anymore since its limited, or am I going to have to wait the 180 days because I needed the money for this upcoming week.

Hi @JokerLizzie,

Restrictions can definitely be frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If your account is restricted, you won't be able to accept the payment into your account. If you tried to accept it at this point, it would state that you're not able to receive payments. If you already accepted it and it's in your balance, it will be held the full 180 days from when the restriction was placed. 

Your best option in this case may be to refuse or refund the payment back to the sender and have them work with you outside of PayPal.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.