PayPal Community Q&A - May 24, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, May 24th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Bubble_Buddy
Contributor
Contributor
The name is different. My PayPal and bank are in two different names
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Bubble_Buddy wrote:
The name is different. My PayPal and bank are in two different names

Hi @Bubble_Buddy,

That is very likely the cause of the issue. All financial credentials on your account must be in the same name as the name on your PayPal account.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bubble_Buddy
Contributor
Contributor
So what can I do nothing? Complete waste of my damn time if there’s nothing I can do.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Bubble_Buddy wrote:
So what can I do nothing? Complete waste of my damn time if there’s nothing I can do.

Hi @Bubble_Buddy,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. If your bank account is not in your legal name, the name on your bank account would have to be changed. If your PayPal account is not in your legal name, you may need to close the account and open it with the correct information. If you do decide to go that route, I recommend removing the bank account prior to closing the account, to ensure that it is free for use on the new account.

If the bank is in the name of a different individual, only an account in your own name can be used.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bubble_Buddy
Contributor
Contributor
Nah doesn’t help. I’m not going through that hassle. I’m finding another way.
Login to Me Too

Discipline1
Contributor
Contributor
What do i do because have not received the code to verify my number ..have called the service provider and they say that they havent blocke my texts
Login to Me Too

Discipline1
Contributor
Contributor
Verification code to confirm my number please
Login to Me Too

Discipline1
Contributor
Contributor
How can i get to confirm my number because am not getting the code which is sent to my mobile number
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Discipline1 wrote:
How can i get to confirm my number because am not getting the code which is sent to my mobile number

Hi @Discipline1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting the code for confirming your number. Please check with your mobile carrier to see if they block any types of texts by default. If so, please request that they be enabled and then try the confirmation again.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Discipline1
Contributor
Contributor
I checked with them but they said the have not blocked any text mesaages
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.