PayPal Community Q&A - May 22, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_JonK

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, May 22nd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Vicki24
Contributor
Contributor

Ours is a non-profit animal welfare organization in Toronto Canada. Currently we have 25 Paypal monthly donors that must be processed manually - i.e. someone must go in every month and do the billing. Is there a way to automate these billings?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Vicki24 wrote:

Ours is a non-profit animal welfare organization in Toronto Canada. Currently we have 25 Paypal monthly donors that must be processed manually - i.e. someone must go in every month and do the billing. Is there a way to automate these billings?

Hi @Vicki24,

Thank you for joining our Q&A! Are these donors who have donated through your website and have checked the option to make the donation monthly, or have the donations been collected another way? 

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Vicki24
Contributor
Contributor

The donors used our web site to set up the monthly donations. At the time we used the "wrong" Paypal button, so that is why we have to do it manually. We have since changed the button, so newer donations are automatic.

Login to Me Too

PhilipT916
Contributor
Contributor
Why is it when sending money to other countries its difficult? Lots of hoopes.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@PhilipT916 wrote:
Why is it when sending money to other countries its difficult? Lots of hoopes.

Hello @PhilipT916,

Welcome to our weekly Community Q&A! I'm sorry to hear you've been running into some issues sending money to other countries. I'd be happy to answer any concerns you have been running into. Where are you sending from? And where are you trying to send to? Also what issues are you running into?

Thanks!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PhilipT916
Contributor
Contributor
Everytime I send money like to Canada or India I had to verify and jump through hoops.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@PhilipT916 wrote:
Everytime I send money like to Canada or India I had to verify and jump through hoops.

Thanks for the clarification. That's simply our internal security system at work there. It's set in place to make sure PayPal is the safest online payment processor out there. We try to manage a gentle balance between safety and convenience, and while sometimes it may be a bit inconvenient to send money abroad, we'd still rather double check everything and make sure we remain secure. Either way, we appreciate your business and thank you for choosing PayPal as your payment processor. 

Thanks for your understanding!

- Jon K

Login to Me Too

Vicki24
Contributor
Contributor

We have 25 monthly donors (non-profit organization) They theoretically were set up as "automatic", but someone has to process each of them on a monthly basis. Is there some way to automate this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.