PayPal Community Q&A - March 6, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, March 6th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MakeNoise
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I'm new to the Paypal forum. 

I'm trying to sort out how to set up a customizable message automatic payment received/receipt to my customers when they purchase something via paypal from my site. Any help on this is much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MakeNoise wrote:

Hi I'm new to the Paypal forum. 

I'm trying to sort out how to set up a customizable message automatic payment received/receipt to my customers when they purchase something via paypal from my site. Any help on this is much appreciated. 

Hi @MakeNoise,

Great question! I looked into this and unfortunately it sounds like editing the actual email message sent out by us isn't possible. All emailed receipts are automatically generated if you're using a PayPal Checkout Cart. If you're using a third party cart, you can customize the receipt that's sent.

Another option would be to include another form on your checkout process and add it to the redirect at the end of payment. This would send the customer to a new page where you could create settings for sending a customized receipt, however this would have to be created outside of PayPal and added to the coding when finished.

I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

MakeNoise
Contributor
Contributor

So setting this up isn't possible without third party involvement? or without creating another form and adding the code to the button? 

setting up an auto-reply via PayPal once someone pays for a shirt or any items through our site that says "thanks for your order, we have it and will get it shipped within 1-3 business days". Also, the message would tell them how to check tracking whether they will get it via email, or if they should go into their paypal account to track. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MakeNoise wrote:

So setting this up isn't possible without third party involvement? or without creating another form and adding the code to the button? 

setting up an auto-reply via PayPal once someone pays for a shirt or any items through our site that says "thanks for your order, we have it and will get it shipped within 1-3 business days". Also, the message would tell them how to check tracking whether they will get it via email, or if they should go into their paypal account to track. 

Hey @MakeNoise,

That's correct, if you use a third party platform besides PayPal for your cart, you can work with them to integrate a customized message. If you use PayPal for your cart, the only option is to add the redirect at the end of the checkout process to send a second customized email after the initial confirmation from PayPal.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

MakeNoise
Contributor
Contributor

If you use PayPal for your cart, the only option is to add the redirect at the end of the checkout process to send a second customized email after the initial confirmation from PayPal.

Is this in the creation of the button? how would I do this? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MakeNoise wrote:

If you use PayPal for your cart, the only option is to add the redirect at the end of the checkout process to send a second customized email after the initial confirmation from PayPal.

Is this in the creation of the button? how would I do this? 

Hey @MakeNoise,

No, this option would have to be created on your end and added to the coding as the redirect link at the end of the code. I apologize, but code isn't my specialty. I wouldn't be able to advise on how to create this redirect, but you would probably be able to find some good information on how to do this in our MTS Community, which deals with coding and buttons all the time. 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

bensmith
Contributor
Contributor
When withdrawing money to my bank account, it’s pending for 72 hours every time. Is there any way to make this process quicker in the future?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@bensmith wrote:
When withdrawing money to my bank account, it’s pending for 72 hours every time. Is there any way to make this process quicker in the future?

Hi @bensmith,

I'm sorry to hear that the withdrawals are being held for review. I regret that there isn't any kind of intervention that can be done to prevent reviews. If there are any risk factors involved with your account that you can mitigate, that may have some positive impact, but it's not possible to tell what specific risk factors are at work in any given situation. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.