PayPal Community Q&A - March 20, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, March 20th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

RavensFan
Contributor
Contributor

When will my account automatically be linked to a Paypal cash account? I received an email about a new policy like a month ago about our accounts automatically being linked before March 28th deadline but i dont think mine has been yet. Is there something i need to do? I had to confirm my SSN a few months ago so im assuming that confirmed my identity and my account would be 1 of the accounts that they automatically link for me. Is this correct or is there something else i need to do

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@RavensFan wrote:

When will my account automatically be linked to a Paypal cash account? I received an email about a new policy like a month ago about our accounts automatically being linked before March 28th deadline but i dont think mine has been yet. Is there something i need to do? I had to confirm my SSN a few months ago so im assuming that confirmed my identity and my account would be 1 of the accounts that they automatically link for me. Is this correct or is there something else i need to do

Hi @RavensFan,

Great question! If you already completed the verification process, there's nothing more you need to do. We will automatically take care of the link and setup for you. This is scheduled to complete for all accounts by March 29, 2019. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

RavensFan
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi @RavensFan,

Great question! If you already completed the verification process, there's nothing more you need to do. We will automatically take care of the link and setup for you. This is scheduled to complete for all accounts by March 29, 2019. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

What exactly is the verification process? Was me entering the last 4 digits of my SSN it? If not then what else would i need to do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@RavensFan wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi @RavensFan,

- Ashley M

What exactly is the verification process? Was me entering the last 4 digits of my SSN it? If not then what else would i need to do?

Hi @RavensFan,

Sorry my first response wasn't clear! We require you to verify your name, address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number. There's more information regarding this here under "Opening a Cash Account." 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

RavensFan
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi @RavensFan,

- Ashley M

Hi @RavensFan,

Sorry my first response wasn't clear! We require you to verify your name, address, date of birth, and taxpayer identification number. There's more information regarding this here under "Opening a Cash Account." 

- Ashley M

So if i have all of that info already posted on my account i should be good? Because i never got any emails or anything about verifying that. Just the notification about verifying my Tax payer ID which is the last 4 digits of my SSN. Im assuming when i entered that they were able to Verify the rest of my information with those numbers? Also how will i know when my account has been switched over? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get this all figured out

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@RavensFan wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

Hi @RavensFan,

- Ashley M

Hi @RavensFan,

- Ashley M

So if i have all of that info already posted on my account i should be good? Because i never got any emails or anything about verifying that. Just the notification about verifying my Tax payer ID which is the last 4 digits of my SSN. Im assuming when i entered that they were able to Verify the rest of my information with those numbers? Also how will i know when my account has been switched over? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get this all figured out

No worries, @RavensFan, that's why I'm here! 🙂

If you already have all that information verified, yes, you should be all set. Unfortunately, there isn't a way for me to confirm if this is the case for you specifically over a public forum. In the event that you weren't completely verified, we would simply place a limitation on the account requesting those details and resolve it once you provided what we needed. At this stage, any account we are still waiting for verification on should have been notified with a restriction to provide the information.

You'll know the account has updated when the PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus information appears on your Summary page. This will be accessible only from within your PayPal account, and it's the only way to hold a balance. I apologize, but I don't have much more information besides that regarding how it will appear.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

KrisDeF
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried to change the "return to merchant" button, using the cbt command (cbt=Click here to continue), but it doesn't change. How can I change it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@KrisDeF wrote:

I've tried to change the "return to merchant" button, using the cbt command (cbt=Click here to continue), but it doesn't change. How can I change it?

Hi @KrisDeF,

You'll have to bear with me, I'm not super well-versed in coding, however I can advise that we typically don't want you to modify your button code on your website. You can edit the button within your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/buttons (make sure you're logged in when you use that link), which will take you to a page to show all existing buttons. Once you edit it there, you can re-add it to your website with the correct "return to merchant" pathing. Hopefully this answers your question. If not, please reach out to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community for more assistance.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.