PayPal Community Q&A - March 13, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, March 13th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

xricci
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, My website was hacked and the hacker altered my shopping cart code to deposit funds intended for my PayPal account into his PayPal account. I believe you have access to my PP value; the hacker’s PP value is <removed>. I'm waiting to hear back from one of my customers, but I believe the hacker stole at minimum $100. I have since identified the code breach and restored to the pre-hack version.

Login to Me Too

xricci
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to verify if $100 was deposited in this account on March 9? The invoice # was 3810.

Login to Me Too

GnosisMedia
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to send a nonprofit a donation via text message using PayPal short code?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @GnosisMedia,

Great question! Our SMS system is not currently set up to allow payments through text messages. If you'd like to donate to a nonprofit, you'll need to use their email, PayPal.me link, or donation button. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

GnosisMedia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ashley!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@xricci wrote:

Hi Olivia, My website was hacked and the hacker altered my shopping cart code to deposit funds intended for my PayPal account into his PayPal account. I believe you have access to my PP value; the hacker’s PP value is <removed>. I'm waiting to hear back from one of my customers, but I believe the hacker stole at minimum $100. I have since identified the code breach and restored to the pre-hack version.

Hey @xricci,

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the unauthorized access and changes to your code. In these cases, the only option would be to have your buyers file "Item Not Received" disputes against the transactions that went to the unauthorized third party. As they won't be receiving anything or getting tracking, their money will be refunded. This won't have any negative effect on your account as the disputes will be against the receiver, which will also help us identify it and ensure it's shut down. After that, your buyers can simply complete checkout again now that your code has been restored. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

xricci
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Ashley. I'll do that.

Login to Me Too

KittieC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm doing Express Checkout Integration and the basic integration - Client side is ok. I'm wondering if I can submit a product array with products detail to the script and display to customers?

Also, I'm trying to move on to Server side, but the instruction said, copy the script to your server, I'm not sure where I should place the script to in my files. Please advise!

Last, If Paypal has any video to show the whole setup process?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.