PayPal Community Q&A - January 25, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, January 25th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

LucieBfoto123
Contributor
Contributor
Hello ,

because of the amount of money I have received, I have a limitation on my account and I have to become verified.

I have already tried to resolve the problem, but didn't succeed. I have sent only 1 document (ID card) with both - address and name, but PayPal asked for 2 separate documents. That's ok, I can provide 2 documents, but I am not able to upload them again on that page. There are no active buttons for this action. When I click on the notification and then click on the button "resolve" I can see the page with:  "Thank you for providing the required information. We’ll get back to you within a few business days." How can I send those documents again?? I'm in a trap. There's no other way to do it and customer service assistants don't seem helpful. I never get comprehensive answer, always the same general information about the type of documents. Is there any technical support? I need to withdraw my money and be active as soon as possible. It is very frustrating. What can I do?

Thank you very much!
Login to Me Too

sort_it_out

Hi Martin,

I disputed a PayPal payment which was incorrectly closed in the seller's favour. I have tried the normal channels to resolve this - Calling/messaging customer services and using social media but they have not resolved the issue and do not provide a way to challenge or escalate the decision.

I have tried to resolve it with the merchant (Cdkeys.com) but they have been ignoring my emails.

Please could you get someone with the relevant authority to contact me to resolve this. Probably a head of customer services, dispute team manager, buyer protection policy manager or similar.

Thanks,
Tom

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@sort_it_out

Hi Tom

Welcome to our Community Q&A session!

I understand this is a very frustrating situation. Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action or provide information on this platform for data protection and security reasons. Please request this contact from our support or follow complaint process which can be found in the Help section of your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

sort_it_out

Hi Martin,

"Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action or provide information on this platform for data protection and security reasons."

But you could refer my post to a relevant colleague of yours and they could then contact me. There is no data protection or security reason for not doing that.

"Please request this contact from our support or follow complaint process which can be found in the Help section of your account."

As I said, I have exhausted the usual channels. There is not a suitable process for challenging incorrect dispute decisions or escalating my complaint, hence trying on here.

Thanks,

Tom

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @LucieBfoto123,

Welcome to our Community Q&A session,

I can understand that this can be frustrating. Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on the account through contacts on this platform for data protection reasons. I would suggest you contact our support so they can make adjustments to allow the upload.  To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

It looks like you are going through a verification process, that requires the validation of your identity and residency. Please make sure the proof of address g has your full name as it appears on your ID and the PayPal account, your full address and has been issued within the last 12 months. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

LucieBfoto123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Martin!

If I click "Help&Contact" and then "Contact Us", I send an email and never get any accurate answer. I have tried this several times. I only got automatic answers! I doubt anybody read my emails. I know exactly which documents you need, but I cannot upload them. I need somebody to reset the page so that I can post you those documents. I may try Facebook, but I suppose there won't be any direct action either. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@LucieBfoto123

Yes, please try Facebook or Twitter. They will be able to notify the relevant team if you have already sent an email request through your account. Thanks

Login to Me Too

sort_it_out

We (customers) should be able to resolve complaints through whichever channel we choose (phone, email, social media). Very bad customer experience being passed pillar to post.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@sort_it_out

I wish I could help you with this issue. But, unfortunately, we cannot verify the ownership of an account on this platform securely. Therefore, we cannot convey any account specific information, forward any queries or escalate any ongoing complaints. 

Please continue using the mentioned processes available through the Help section of your account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.