PayPal Community Q&A - January 2, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, January 2nd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

jacksv76
New Community Member

Hello, my account was suspended for a violation of terms and conditions.  I called but it was not disclosed what was violated but that PayPal has decided to "Part Ways".  My account has always been in good standing and I believe the suspension was done in error.  My account is now prohibited to perform any transactions.  Is there an escalation path to resolve this?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@jacksv76 wrote:

Hello, my account was suspended for a violation of terms and conditions.  I called but it was not disclosed what was violated but that PayPal has decided to "Part Ways".  My account has always been in good standing and I believe the suspension was done in error.  My account is now prohibited to perform any transactions.  Is there an escalation path to resolve this?  

Hi @jacksv76,

I'm sorry to hear about the permanent restriction. 😞 Typically, these decisions are done after extensive research and verification to ensure the decision is not in error. If you believe this was a mistake, you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter to discuss your account issues in further detail. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JJ881
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently tried to link my Tangerine bank account to PayPal but it didn't work. Tangerine is listed as one of the bank options but when you click on the icon it's treated as the option for an alternative bank. When you click on the icons for the other banks they work properly. I tried multiple times to enter my details but it wouldn't link my bank account. On my PayPal account I have my middle name but not on my Tangerine account. Would this be the reason for my account not being linked? Does PayPal still support Tangerine? Is there something I can do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JJ881 wrote:

Hi, I recently tried to link my Tangerine bank account to PayPal but it didn't work. Tangerine is listed as one of the bank options but when you click on the icon it's treated as the option for an alternative bank. When you click on the icons for the other banks they work properly. I tried multiple times to enter my details but it wouldn't link my bank account. On my PayPal account I have my middle name but not on my Tangerine account. Would this be the reason for my account not being linked? Does PayPal still support Tangerine? Is there something I can do?

Hi @JJ881,

Great question - the names not matching could definitely cause the issue adding the bank. Do you have any kind of error message when trying to add the bank? Have you attempted to add the bank through the alternative bank option?

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JPN_
Contributor
Contributor

Hey.
I'm an old seller on Ebay and haven't gotten a hold in a long time but I recently sold a digital code and I had a Payment put on hold. I have an image of the buyer verifying that the item was recieved and is working. Is the hold able to be released as it is delivered? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@JPN_ wrote:

Hey.
I'm an old seller on Ebay and haven't gotten a hold in a long time but I recently sold a digital code and I had a Payment put on hold. I have an image of the buyer verifying that the item was recieved and is working. Is the hold able to be released as it is delivered? 

Hi @JPN_,

Thank you for joining the Q&A today! I'm afraid that we cannot accept an image from the buyer as proof of delivery. Tracking may be added in the case of tangible objects, or in this case the item can be marked as delivered and the buyer can confirm that delivery in their account. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!

The weekly Q&A session is now closed. All thread content will remain viewable, but locked. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, January 4th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, January 9th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.