PayPal Community Q&A - January 2, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, January 2nd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

CaliLisa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Someone opened a Paypal account with one of my email addresses. I’ve contacted you via phone yet I’m still getting email that the account is in use. I cannot close it because I can’t get in via password. The person is not the authorized user of my email. Please help!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@CaliLisa wrote:
Hi. Someone opened a Paypal account with one of my email addresses. I’ve contacted you via phone yet I’m still getting email that the account is in use. I cannot close it because I can’t get in via password. The person is not the authorized user of my email. Please help!

Hi @CaliLisa,

Oh no! Someone else using your email can definitely be frustrating. Many times, this is a case of a typo when entering the email during signup. I would advise contacting us via Facebook or Twitter to see what options we have. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

CaliLisa
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t understand. I already spoke directly to your customer service who assured me they fixed the issue. I’m here now talking to you as a PayPal rep. Please help me understand why I need to talk talk to Paypal in yet another forum? The next stop will be consumer finance or attorney general as you are a financial company and this constitutes fraud.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@CaliLisa wrote:
I don’t understand. I already spoke directly to your customer service who assured me they fixed the issue. I’m here now talking to you as a PayPal rep. Please help me understand why I need to talk talk to Paypal in yet another forum? The next stop will be consumer finance or attorney general as you are a financial company and this constitutes fraud.

Hey @CaliLisa,

I understand this may be an inconvenience, however we're not able to discuss any account details over the public forum, as we don't want your information to be compromised further. If the issue was not resolved after your phone call, reaching us over social media is the next best option.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Bror
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to send a large amout to one of my contacts but i keep getting an error saying that it's not possible and i need to contact paypal to raise my limits.

I have checked so that there are no issues with my card issuer or anything like that.

I have sent a message through the help-section but only gotten an automated response. I made a call but after waiting for over 10 minutes of adverts and music it wasn't worth waiting as i'm calling from Sweden.

What can i do to raise the limits on my account (which i can't see)?

My account is verfied and have been for years and so is my card.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Bror wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to send a large amout to one of my contacts but i keep getting an error saying that it's not possible and i need to contact paypal to raise my limits.

I have checked so that there are no issues with my card issuer or anything like that.

I have sent a message through the help-section but only gotten an automated response. I made a call but after waiting for over 10 minutes of adverts and music it wasn't worth waiting as i'm calling from Sweden.

What can i do to raise the limits on my account (which i can't see)?

My account is verfied and have been for years and so is my card.

Hi @Bror,

Thank you for joining the Q&A! What is the amount of the transaction that you're trying to send? If the transaction exceeds the per-transaction amount allowable, that might cause the messaging that you have seen.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Bror
Contributor
Contributor

The full full amount was $1700 (16000 SEK) but that was denied with the same message. I then tried to divide the transaction and sent $1070 (10000 SEK) to then send the other $700 (6000 SEK). The first $1000 went fine, but then when doing the other $700 the same message pops up again.

If i have read it all correctly, the limit should be $10000 per transaction, of which i am far below.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Bror wrote:

The full full amount was $1700 (16000 SEK) but that was denied with the same message. I then tried to divide the transaction and sent $1070 (10000 SEK) to then send the other $700 (6000 SEK). The first $1000 went fine, but then when doing the other $700 the same message pops up again.

If i have read it all correctly, the limit should be $10000 per transaction, of which i am far below.

Hi @Bror,

You're absolutely correct, that is below the limit I was referring to. I regret that I am unable to provide account-specific assistance via the forum, so review of the account and suggestions based on that review wouldn't be something we can do here. To allow a representative to take a look at what is happening specifically in this case, please contact customer service. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.