PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, January 16th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

petalpainter
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to submit the documents needed to keep my PayPal open but it is asking for SSN documentation and I have a business PayPal account. Why will it not allow me to submit a document that shows my EIN? I've already submitted my driver's license and proof of address plus my bank account is linked and I'm pretty sure my credit card as well. What other options do I have? Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@petalpainter wrote:

I am trying to submit the documents needed to keep my PayPal open but it is asking for SSN documentation and I have a business PayPal account. Why will it not allow me to submit a document that shows my EIN? I've already submitted my driver's license and proof of address plus my bank account is linked and I'm pretty sure my credit card as well. What other options do I have? Thanks

Hi @petalpainter,

Thank you for joining today's Q&A session. That's a great question. If the SSN has been requested, it is not something that can be replaced with other documents or information. While the tax documents would be associated with the EIN, the identity of the person holding the account is still a matter of importance. I regret any frustration experienced as a result of this requirement.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

petalpainter
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

Will you please tell me why this is being requested? I'm not comfortable putting that online. 

Does that mean I have to use someone other than PayPal to receive payments?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@petalpainter wrote:

Thank you for your reply. 

Will you please tell me why this is being requested? I'm not comfortable putting that online. 

Does that mean I have to use someone other than PayPal to receive payments?

Hi @petalpainter,

Typically, the information is requested for identity confirmation purposes, tax reporting purposes, or both. Choosing to continue to use PayPal would mean supplying the requested information.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

petalpainter
Contributor
Contributor

Will you please tell me how to change my PayPal.me account name? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@petalpainter wrote:

Will you please tell me how to change my PayPal.me account name? 

Hi @petalpainter,

The PayPal.me URL can't be changed once it is selected, but it can be turned off. For more information, please take a look at this article.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Dchbbc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I want to request money from my sister so I can mail her, her books. When I do the request do I do "BASIC" or "SPLIT" so I don't have a fee? It's only $5 and I don't want to lose money on it. Las t time I did it wrong with another relative and lost money.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Dchbbc wrote:

Hi. I want to request money from my sister so I can mail her, her books. When I do the request do I do "BASIC" or "SPLIT" so I don't have a fee? It's only $5 and I don't want to lose money on it. Las t time I did it wrong with another relative and lost money.

Hi @Dchbbc,

Great question! If you request money from your sister, our system will recognize that as a goods & services transaction, in which case you would be charged a fee. The best option would be to either have her send you the payment through her PayPal account using your email address, or send her your PayPal.me link. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dawgmom

Hi. I received an email asking me to confirm our address for our nonprofit account. The account, that we've had with PP for about 15 years, lists our PO box address, my address (I'm the Founder), phone number, and bank account number. So, I uploaded a bank statement which has the PO box address on it. Today I was informed that this document - with the same address and account number that is linked to our PP account - is unacceptable because it's a PO box. I am not happy about this. If it's too inconvenient for PP to verify the information with our account - where the PO box AND account number is listed and clearly matches - then maybe it's too inconvenient for our organization to continue to do business with you. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @Dawgmom,

Thanks for attending our Q&A today, and I definitely understand your frustration regarding the documentation we've requested. There are times where we need specific information to verify an account holder or business, and some forms of documentation aren't able to meet those requirements. Other times, it could be due to a misunderstanding regarding what was provided.

I would advise reaching us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can take a closer look and figure out what exactly the problem was with the first document (if anything), as well as what details we specifically need to ensure the issue is resolved. I hope everything is resolved quickly and the account is returned to regular standing.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.