cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Closed

Highlighted
Moderator

PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, January 16th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

How Community Q&A works:

 

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

 

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
20 REPLIES 20
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open

Hi everybody!

 

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open

Hey my paypal has been on hold for a while and has bought my business to a standstill. I have submitted the documents as required and still me account remained locked. The funds are my capital and are causing huge interruptions to my business. What must i do? My account is a dubai based account.

Please help.

 

Thanks

Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open


@keithaysh wrote:

Hey my paypal has been on hold for a while and has bought my business to a standstill. I have submitted the documents as required and still me account remained locked. The funds are my capital and are causing huge interruptions to my business. What must i do? My account is a dubai based account.

Please help.

 

Thanks


Hi @keithaysh,

 

I'm very sorry to hear about the hold, that can definitely be frustrating when it affects your business. It sounds like you may have a limitation, in which case you would want to make sure you've provided everything we've requested. If you have, the case should already be in review. If the time frame for getting this resolved has been extended, you can always reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can help and see what options we have. Regrettably, I wouldn't be able to provide much insight here as we wouldn't want to discuss your personal information over a public forum. Hopefully the restriction is resolved soon!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open

The hold is about to come to an end. With what ways can i withdraw my funds considering my account is a UAE account. My business was a freelancing one and i have since then moved on towards other ventures. Withdrawal to bank through network requires a UAE trade license which is currently not in state due to closure. What alternative methods can i use to withdraw my money that has been on hold for ever so long. Is there any way i can send funds to someone else instead of withdrawing it after the 180 day hold?

 

Thanks

Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open


@keithaysh wrote:

The hold is about to come to an end. With what ways can i withdraw my funds considering my account is a UAE account. My business was a freelancing one and i have since then moved on towards other ventures. Withdrawal to bank through network requires a UAE trade license which is currently not in state due to closure. What alternative methods can i use to withdraw my money that has been on hold for ever so long. Is there any way i can send funds to someone else instead of withdrawing it after the 180 day hold?

 

Thanks


Hey @keithaysh,

 

Is the restriction a permanent one, meaning we advised that the account would no longer be able to be used? In that case, we would no longer be reviewing documents for the case, you would just need to wait until after the hold time frame has completed. After the 180 days, you can withdraw to either a US bank account or a debit, credit, or prepaid card. Sending the money to another PayPal account would not be an option, so one of the aforementioned methods would need to be used. You can always contact us on social media or by phone if you run into any issues.

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open

Hello -

I have four different credit cards associated to my account and would like to download a CSV for 2018 activity by each credit card individually. I tried selecting one specific card, then clicked on <Activity> and the <Filter> and / or <Statements/Custom> in the hamburger drop down. But it shows the activity for all four credit cards. I can't find an option to show a specific card. Is this something you can guide me to finding?

Many thanks! 

JohnBPP

Tags (3)
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open


@JohnBPP wrote:

Hello -

I have four different credit cards associated to my account and would like to download a CSV for 2018 activity by each credit card individually. I tried selecting one specific card, then clicked on <Activity> and the <Filter> and / or <Statements/Custom> in the hamburger drop down. But it shows the activity for all four credit cards. I can't find an option to show a specific card. Is this something you can guide me to finding?

Many thanks! 

JohnBPP


Hi @JohnBPP,

 

Thank you for joining the session. I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. It may not be possible to tailor the report further, and you likely don't want to keep trying since there's a limit to the number of reports you can generate over a rolling 30 day period. The beauty of downloading the CSV with all the information is that it will allow you to sort the information in any spreadsheet program, picking out the bits that you want and hiding or deleting the rows that are not material to what you're trying to calculate. If you're looking to get a total, you can use the sum function for the amounts in the rows that you do save.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

 

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open

I keep trying to get my payments
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - January 16, 2019 - Open


@Summer0420 wrote:
I keep trying to get my payments

Hi @Summer0420,

 

Thanks for stopping by our Q&A today. It sounds like you're running into issues receiving payments. Can you provide more details regarding the problem so that I can help? Thanks!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.