PayPal Community Q&A - January 11, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, January 11th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PaulEurope
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Is it true that Paypal has different rules regarding what is allowed depending on what country the Paypal account is based out of?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @PaulEurope,

Welcome to our Community Q&A session!

Yes, the rules for PayPal vary from region to region and sometimes country to country within the regions. Some products are rolled out to larger markets first before we use them Globally. We are also restricted sometimes by local regulation on what products or services we can or cannot offer. Some countries only have the options to send and cannot receive payments. We also have different user agreements for regions and countries, you can find some details using this link.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PaulEurope
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

I have been banned for selling digital goods - Runescape Gold. My account is from Portugal. Are you able to point out which part of the user agreement I violated? I have multiple competitors from the UK, and Cyprus which have had no issues and continue to sell today high volumes of Runescape gold. There is no difference in the user agreement I've been able to spot related to the services I used to provide, and that they currently provide that I've spotted. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@PaulEurope

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on a decision made on your account or why the same action has not happened to other accounts selling the same product. If you are unhappy with the decision made on your account and feel it is unfair compared to other accounts, I would recommend you appeal the outcome. You can do this by sending a request through the Help section of your account. I doubt very much this is a country specific issue, as such decisions are made after an individual account review.

Martin

Login to Me Too

PaulEurope
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible the goods being sold in question are pre-approved in the UK and Cyprus and not other parts of the world?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@PaulEurope

I doubt this is the case. I have not heard of any such agreement. I have come across many sellers of Runescape Gold in the past.  You can place this question in your appeal request. It could be a licensing issue or you might need to be an authorized reseller or can only sell on authorized platforms.

Login to Me Too

PaulEurope
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I will be sure to bring this up. Appreciate the help Martin!

Login to Me Too

msleannt
Contributor
Contributor

hello , I sent mu driver's license to take away the limitation of my account, but I still have not had an answer, could you review the document and remove the limitation on my account ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @msleannt,

Welcome to our Community Q&A session!

I know this sounds frustrating, but unfortunately we cannot discuss or take any action on an account through contacts on this platform for data protection and security reasons. If you have provided your photo ID and this is the only step required to resolve the limitation, you should normally expect an update within 72 hours. We aim to resolve limitations a quick as possible to prevent long disturbances on accounts, so it should be quicker.

I would suggest you contact our support to see if the review can be expedited. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.