cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Closed

Moderator

PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, February 6th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

How Community Q&A works:

 

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

 

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
16 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open

Hi everybody!

 

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open

Hello , I’m new to PayPal. I had placed an order via PayPal. It’s been about a month and I haven’t received it. Since nothing seemed to be moving forward with the seller I placed a claim for Item Not Received. The seller said they shipped the item and it’s not their fault for it going missing. So what happens now? Am I protected as a buyer because the item was not delivered or are they protected since they shipped it? I as a buyer am unable to file a claim with the Postal service but they can file a claim for insurance. So PayPal is the only place for me to file a claim for a refund. I hope it works.
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open


@Geka101_ wrote:
Hello , I’m new to PayPal. I had placed an order via PayPal. It’s been about a month and I haven’t received it. Since nothing seemed to be moving forward with the seller I placed a claim for Item Not Received. The seller said they shipped the item and it’s not their fault for it going missing. So what happens now? Am I protected as a buyer because the item was not delivered or are they protected since they shipped it? I as a buyer am unable to file a claim with the Postal service but they can file a claim for insurance. So PayPal is the only place for me to file a claim for a refund. I hope it works.

Hi @Geka101_,

 

Thank you for your post in the Q&A! I'm happy to help.

 

You've done everything right. You tried to communicate with the seller, and when that didn't pan out, you opened a claim for non-receipt. You're on the right track. What happens next is that the seller is beholden to provide tracking that shows delivery of the item. If the seller can't prove delivery, the refund will be made to your payment source. Just stick with the process, and don't close the claim unless you receive the item and you've confirmed that the item is what was ordered.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open

Thank you so much Olivia for your response! That means a lot!!! I thought that would be the right thing to do. The only thing that threw me off was this below. It seems to indicate Seller isn’t responsible if the have proof of shipping. That would be enough not delivery.
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open


@Geka101_ wrote:
Thank you so much Olivia for your response! That means a lot!!! I thought that would be the right thing to do. The only thing that threw me off was this below. It seems to indicate Seller isn’t responsible if the have proof of shipping. That would be enough not delivery. 4.1. PayPal Buyer Protection for items that have not been shipped does not cover items lost in transit. If the seller can provide within the required time frame valid proof of shipment (as described in more detail in the PayPal Seller Protection Policy), or a respective equivalent proving shipment and/or receipt as agreed between PayPal and the seller, PayPal will refuse to grant PayPal Buyer Protection.

Hi @Geka101_,

 

What country is your account registered in? What country is the seller's account registered in? There may well be differences based on that information and I'll be happy to look into that for you.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open

Mine Kuwait, Seller’s US. Thanks again
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open


@Geka101_ wrote:
Mine Kuwait, Seller’s US. Thanks again

Hi @Geka101_,

 

Typically, and in fact that vast majority of the time, proof of actual delivery is required for the seller to win a dispute of non-receipt. There may be some extenuating circumstances where a seller will only be required to provide proof of shipment. These situations are very rare. Based on the situation that you have described, it does not sound like proof of shipment would be sufficient. 

 

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open

Thanks a lot Olivia!! You made my day. It’s a sigh of relief for me to be honest because the seller hasn’t got back to me and I escalated to a claim but was left with doubts. The item has gotten lost in transit and I was left in a limbo. I didn’t receive the item and they are insisting they have “proof of shipment” not delivery. Anyways Now I feel at peace. And look forward to the outcome of the case. Thanks once again!!! 🙂
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Open


@Geka101_ wrote:
Thanks a lot Olivia!! You made my day. It’s a sigh of relief for me to be honest because the seller hasn’t got back to me and I escalated to a claim but was left with doubts. The item has gotten lost in transit and I was left in a limbo. I didn’t receive the item and they are insisting they have “proof of shipment” not delivery. Anyways Now I feel at peace. And look forward to the outcome of the case. Thanks once again!!! 🙂

Hi @Geka101_,

 

I'm very glad I could set your mind at ease!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.