PayPal Community Q&A - February 6, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, February 6th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

AlfieMannX
Contributor
Contributor
Hiya, I’m unable to withdraw any money from my PayPal and I cannot pay out from my PayPal. I also have a pending payment that was supposed to go to my bank account however it had taken about 3 days now and has not cleared. Can someone take a look into this 🙂 Alfie
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@AlfieMannX wrote:
Hiya, I’m unable to withdraw any money from my PayPal and I cannot pay out from my PayPal. I also have a pending payment that was supposed to go to my bank account however it had taken about 3 days now and has not cleared. Can someone take a look into this 🙂 Alfie

Hey @AlfieMannX,

Sorry to hear about the delay and trouble withdrawing. 😞 Do you receive any error messages or notices from our website as you attempt to withdraw or send your funds? The error would give us more information so that we can help!

Regarding the withdrawal, typically the time frame for this would be 2-3 business days, but it can take up to 7 to complete. This doesn't include weekends, so if you initiated the withdrawal on Sunday, it should hopefully complete today or tomorrow.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AlfieMannX
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, the error messages I get when trying to withdraw my balance is “There seems to be a problem. We are not able to complete this transaction at the moment” and when I’m trying to pay on websites with PayPal it says “We’re sorry. We can’t complete your purchase at this time” I processed the withdrawal on the 3rd of Feb and it hasn’t come out yet 😕 Alfie x
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@AlfieMannX wrote:
Hi, the error messages I get when trying to withdraw my balance is “There seems to be a problem. We are not able to complete this transaction at the moment” and when I’m trying to pay on websites with PayPal it says “We’re sorry. We can’t complete your purchase at this time” I processed the withdrawal on the 3rd of Feb and it hasn’t come out yet 😕 Alfie x

Thanks for those details @AlfieMannX. Is the money you're trying to withdraw or send a from a payment you recently received? If so, it could be a security hold on our end to ensure there aren't any issues with the payment. This sometimes affects received payments for a short time after an account is recently created or hasn't been used in a while.

I'd advise giving the system a day to reset, then if you still aren't able to withdraw or send the money after 24 hours, contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can look further into the issue.

Today is only the third business day since the withdrawal was initiated, so hopefully it completes for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AlfieMannX
Contributor
Contributor
The money I’m trying to withdraw is from my PayPal balance that I’ve just recently been paid. I will give it until tomorrow evening and try to contact you. Response time on Twitter is very slow in my opinion though. I hope it completes soon also as I need it for a bill 😕 Alfie x
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@AlfieMannX wrote:
The money I’m trying to withdraw is from my PayPal balance that I’ve just recently been paid. I will give it until tomorrow evening and try to contact you. Response time on Twitter is very slow in my opinion though. I hope it completes soon also as I need it for a bill 😕 Alfie x

@AlfieMannX,

I definitely understand the urgency, and I apologize for any inconvenience the delay may cause. We work through our social media contacts in the order they're received, so it all depends on how many contacts we've received before yours. I hope the issue is resolved after the wait, but if not the wait should hopefully not be too long. I wish you luck with everything!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!

The weekly Q&A session is now closed. All thread content will remain viewable, but locked. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, February 8th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, February 13th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.