PayPal Community Q&A - February 27, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, February 27th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Summer9
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently gotten an email that the Paypal policy has changed. My account is currently limited. Can I still add, remove and pay with alternative debit cards linked to my account after the policy goes in action in April? Or will my Paypal account be locked for good and I can't pay with an alternative linked card?

Thanks.

@PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_AshleyM 

Login to Me Too

Summer9
Contributor
Contributor

To add on, at this current moment I can still receive and send money, but it says my account access is limited.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Summer9 wrote:

I have recently gotten an email that the Paypal policy has changed. My account is currently limited. Can I still add, remove and pay with alternative debit cards linked to my account after the policy goes in action in April? Or will my Paypal account be locked for good and I can't pay with an alternative linked card?

Thanks.

@PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_AshleyM 

Hi @Summer9,

Thank you for your post! If the limitation that you're seeing is solely related to the policy change and the Resolution Center doesn't include any restriction on sending payments, you'll still be able to send payments using the card on your account once the policy change goes into effect. I would still recommend resolving the steps listed, in order to have the full use of all the features on the account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Summer9
Contributor
Contributor

I have currently submitted something for review. So I can still remove and add my other cards and pay with them if I'm still unverified after the changes. Correct?

Also, if my document under review gets accepted, I will be able to use my balance after the changes, right?

@PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Summer9 wrote:

I have currently submitted something for review. So I can still remove and add my other cards and pay with them if I'm still unverified after the changes. Correct?

Also, if my document under review gets accepted, I will be able to use my balance after the changes, right?

@PayPal_Olivia 

Hi @Summer9,

That would all be correct, assuming that the limitation is purely associated with the policy change, which is the most likely scenario. The Resolution Center should be telling you what features cannot be used. That list would be the one to refer to.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Summer9
Contributor
Contributor

It currently says I have access to everything except closing my account. Does that mean I can still use my Paypal balance after the changes go into effect? Or would I have to resolve everything before I can use it?

Thanks!

@PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Summer9 wrote:

It currently says I have access to everything except closing my account. Does that mean I can still use my Paypal balance after the changes go into effect? Or would I have to resolve everything before I can use it?

Thanks!

@PayPal_Olivia 

Hi @Summer9,

Great question, and I see why there's confusion. The balance can currently be used until the changes. Once the changes go into effect, you would not be able to use your balance until the limitation is resolved fully. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Summer9
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. Now to my understanding, if my account is still limited after the changes, I can still add, remove, and pay with linked cards. But I can't use my Paypal balance itself. Correct?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.