PayPal Community Q&A - February 15, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, February 15th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Mightyroyal
Contributor
Contributor
Why does PayPal hold on to ebay held funds once the eBay hold has been released
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Mightyroyal 

Welcome to our Community Q&A session!

Normally, such holds are released  24 hours after delivery has been confirmed, if the payment had been held on instructions from eBay. I would suggest you contact eBay to confirm the notification has been sent to PayPal to release the funds. You will find more information about the eBay funds availability process here. 

If they are adamant it has been sent and you have added the tracking on your PayPal transaction details, please contact our support so they can look to see if there has been an error in the release process. You can reach customer support through the help section of your account. 

Thanks

Martin 

Login to Me Too

Mightyroyal
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried this with your customer services but they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard. EBay have released the funds but PayPal are now. Holding
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

HI @Mightyroyal ,

I am sorry to see this has not been resolved. Does the tracking information show that the item has been delivered more than 24 hours ago, only when this is confirmed will the payment be released?  Unfortunately, I can not take any direct action on the account through contact on this platform for security reasons. Have you tried to contact us on  Facebook or Twitter for guidance?

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

i everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

7th_SIn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Can you advise if I can set an upper limit for transactions via Paypal.  I was told the max was £5500 but recently received a transaction of £12.5k.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @7th_SIn 

Welcome to our Community Chat!

Login to Me Too

7th_SIn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Just for clarification I am the receiver rather than the sender, and a customer paid me £12.5k when I was advised that this was not possible. Is the use of the phrase "your Paypal account" significant, i.e. could this have come from someone just using Paypal as a card clearing house without actually having an account as I did receive £12.5k in one single payment.

Craig

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@7th_SIn 

Hi Craig,

The £5500 is the standard limit on the amount one can receive. But this can vary depending on a few factors. I mentioned the receiver, as the receiver must have an established account to receive larger payments. The sender might be from a different country that has higher limits or they are larger merchants or established users that present little risk for PayPal. In regards, to the guest transaction, you mentioned these rely on the card issuer and their limits. 

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.