cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Closed

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open


@dwman113 wrote:

So you're saying you can't provide any solution for me? I looked at the tips you suggestion and they do not help me. 

 

Link below is example of many people with similar hold time issue. Does Paypal not see this as a problem?

 

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=paypal+long+hold+time&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS756US757&oq=paypal+long+hold+t...


Hi @dwman113,

 

I am very sorry for the hold time that you're experiencing. That length of time is not typical, but it can happen from time to time. I am also sorry for the inconvenience experienced by my inability to provide account-specific assistance via the forum. For the protection of all of our members, all public help can only be general information. Anything account-specific must be discussed in private channels, such as Facebook PM, Twitter DM, phone, email, or chat (where available).

 

I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not reveal a problem that could be easily resolved. If the security system is preventing the payment, it may not be possible to intervene to allow the payment even once customer service is reached. If there have been a lot of attempts in a row, the system may not allow the payment even with customer service intervention.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open

I see address requirement mentioned previously, but is there a legal reason that address information is optional? 

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open


@JillGa03 wrote:

I see address requirement mentioned previously, but is there a legal reason that address information is optional? 


Hey @JillGa03,

 

Thanks for stopping by our Q&A today. I'm not quite sure what you're asking or referring to - do you mind providing more information regarding your question and the address requirement you've mentioned so that I can help? Thank you!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open

Thank you for the quick response.  Currently, we have a 'paypal' button on our church website.  When members are transferred to complete the paypal transaction, they get the following option: 

Capture.JPG

I'm wondering if there  is a legal reason this was changed?  We are struggling and trying to find a workaround, but don't know it's origin.

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open


@JillGa03 wrote:

Thank you for the quick response.  Currently, we have a 'paypal' button on our church website.  When members are transferred to complete the paypal transaction, they get the following option: 

Capture.JPG

I'm wondering if there  is a legal reason this was changed?  We are struggling and trying to find a workaround, but don't know it's origin.


Hey @JillGa03,

 

Thanks for clarifying! I did a little digging into this and here's what I was able to find out:

 

The change to the donation button was done within the last year where we gave the option to provide an address. This was to give charities the option to send thank yous or provide information for taxes at the end of the year. Providing an address is not legally required, but we had requests for this from charities and 501(c)(3)s so that they could thank their contributors.

 

At this time, this isn't a feature that can be turned off. The button is created this way purposefully, and customers have to view this check option to continue through the payment process. There also isn't a way to make providing an address required - it's up to each individual contributor.

 

I'm happy to take your feedback regarding this feature and forward it through - we're always looking to improve our processes and features to ensure a more seamless experience for all our users. I apologize for any inconvenience the option may cause.

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Member

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open

Super helpful reply. You are correct, my data entry staff say that it changed last year. 

For us, it makes it extremely hard to match member names consistently, the address is additional verification that we are applying gifts to the correct member.  In our world, requiring the address is a necessity as we are currently forced to duplicate records when we are unsure.  The end of the year process for contributions then spreads gifts through a few records.  No, not for everyone, but often enough.  With duplicated names and data entry staff who may not be familiar with a new email - new records will be created, just in case.  We would love to see this removed for our organization or defaulted on.  Thank you for your help.

Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Open


@JillGa03 wrote:

Super helpful reply. You are correct, my data entry staff say that it changed last year. 

For us, it makes it extremely hard to match member names consistently, the address is additional verification that we are applying gifts to the correct member.  In our world, requiring the address is a necessity as we are currently forced to duplicate records when we are unsure.  The end of the year process for contributions then spreads gifts through a few records.  No, not for everyone, but often enough.  With duplicated names and data entry staff who may not be familiar with a new email - new records will be created, just in case.  We would love to see this removed for our organization or defaulted on.  Thank you for your help.


Hi @JillGa03,

 

That feedback is extremely valuable, thank you for explaining the impact. Again, I'm very sorry that this being an option has a negative impact on your bookkeeping, and I can appreciate the time and work that goes into keeping all this information up-to-date and accurate. I'll ensure this is forwarded through for review. I hope you have a great rest of your day! 🙂

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Q&A - February 13, 2019 - Closed

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!

 

The weekly Q&A session is now closed. All thread content will remain viewable, but locked. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

 

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, February 15th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, February 20th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

 

See you then!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.