PayPal Community Q&A - December 19, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, December 19th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

JohnFCG

I have two card readers (the ones that look like little black calculators and have the chip readers) and one works flawlessly with our iPad POS. The other was used on the road with my cell phone. Ever since I had to factory reset my old cell phone it refused to connect to the card reader. My new Galaxy S9+ also cannot see the card reader to connect. Is there anything I can do? My card reader has been a brick for over a year now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@JohnFCG wrote:

I have two card readers (the ones that look like little black calculators and have the chip readers) and one works flawlessly with our iPad POS. The other was used on the road with my cell phone. Ever since I had to factory reset my old cell phone it refused to connect to the card reader. My new Galaxy S9+ also cannot see the card reader to connect. Is there anything I can do? My card reader has been a brick for over a year now.

Hi @JohnFCG,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty that you're having with PayPal Here. Some devices and some operating systems or versions of operating systems may be incompatible with the app and device. Please check that link for more information about compatibility. If the devices in question meet all the listed criteria, please contact support to do some additional troubleshooting. To contact support, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Customer Service made my Delete my Account

Hey Paypal_Olivia, thanks for opening up this space
It's pretty hard getting in touch with you via mail, twitter or even getting any response at this forums

My problem is kinda complex and embarrassing and originated from calling to Paypal Customer Service telephone
I hope that there's is something that could be done since it wasn't my fault and I was just only following instructions 😕

So I've been using my old paypal account  for a while now without any problems (<removed>)

Earlier today I got in touch with customer service by dialing the number provided at your contacts page

My request/question was about changing my Personal Information, to be precise, a change in the order in which my name appears: my full name is <Juan <removed>> (has a double name and my first surname is double too) so I wanted to change it to something easier <Sebastian <removed>> since I am not known by the name "Juan" or my last name "<removed>"

at Customer Service they told me that I could not change my current name in my current account but what I could do was make a new account with the name as I would like

I thought It would be a good idea so I just kept asking the lady for about 10 minutes about the process of transferring my data from my old account to my new account and how much time it would take: basically she told me that by "deleting" my current Paypal account I was able to "free" and make "available" both my email (<removed>) and my url (<removed>)

I proceeded to delete my account as the lady told me and to create a new one to only realize that my URL (<removed>) was NOT available

I re-dialed Paypal Customer Service number and told them what had happened:
-I wanted to change the order of appearance of my name
-They told me that it was not possible to do it, but that by ELIMINATING MY CURRENT ACCOUNT I could create a new one and transfer my data without problem.
-I proceeded to delete my old paypal account (<removed>) and to create a new account (<removed>)
-I confirm my email, my cell phone, and when I want to assign my personal URL <<removed>> it tells me that it is not available
-I then tried to enter my old account (<removed>) but I realize I can't access it no more

already into the 3rd call to customer service Paypal, they tell me that the instructions given to me at the beginning (when I wanted to change the order of my name) were false and that I just lost/deleted my old paypal account (along with my linked cards), and that I have no way to recover my custom URL (which I use for freelancing issues)

while talking to the "supervisor" I told her that I had only followed instructions trying to change my name and that I would like to 'recover my account' or at least 'retrieve my URL', she just tells me that both options are impossible

so basically what I wanted was simple:
1. Change the order of my name in my paypal account
2. How to keep my data / url

and what I was offered as ""solution"":
1. I was given false instructions to delete my account forever
2. Losing my personal URL that is so important to me

I was only tring my "<removed>" to have an easier/shorter name of mine

but apparently I just deleted permanently my Paypal account (where all my cards are) and completely locked into oblivion my personalized URL (where I receive payments, and which serves as branding)

My question as a loyal Paypal user:
>>>>>>>>>>> Is there something that can be done?

The supervisor with whom I spoke told me that "I was the one who decided to delete it" which I angrily opposed: I asked for information to make a change (the order of my name), and they told me to do that (to delete my account)

I went to them wanting to change my name and asked the corresponding questions about whether I could reassign my information to my new account (which they answered with lies), and once I followed the instructions, they washed their hands saying it was my decision to erase my account, thing I did based on the LIES that they told me to do

I don't think it's fair to have lost my account/historial (I have to get all my cards out again ???) or that I just lost the custom URL that I use all across the web to identify myself ( <<removed>> which I use as username in more than 30 services: @twitter @instagram @ tumblr @SoundCloud @pinterest @telegram @lastfm @ github @keybase @behance @Facebook @LinkedIn @Medium)

in a nutshell:

1.- I called to ask for a name change
(mentioning how important my information was)
2.- they tell me to delete my current account
(I asked the process more than 10 times step by step)
3.- I delete my account, I create a new one
(I confirm my mail, and the new phone)
4.- I realize I can not re-assign my URL
(<removed>, <removed>is MY USERNAME)
5.- I try to open my last account
(there is no answer, there is no way to reopen it)
6.- I return to paypal / to the supervisor
(tells me that I "opted / decided" to delete it)
7.- I claim that I only follow instructions
(He tells me he can not do anything anyway)

so for asking for a name change,
they asked me to delete my account
(locking my cards and losing my user <removed>)
and then they say that it was me who decided to erase it

**being that I only followed instructions from his technical service, and to which I made repeated questions of the procedure, to which he responded only with lies: "when deleting your account you should be released your <removed>" and "should not be take more than 5 or 7 minutes in what is updated "**

I was almost 2 hours on the phone trying to understand what had happened and they just told me it was my "responsibility", I'm really desperate to gain back my account or my URL

I really need to recover my account (<removed>)
there must be something that can be done
please help me, I was just following instructions
It was not my intention, please

I hope you can help me
I'm kinda anxious I have lost my account to such an obnoxious situation

thank you very much for your attention,
and hope you can give me some help,
Sebastian.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Customer Service made my Delete my Account

Hey Paypal_Olivia, thanks for opening up this space
It's pretty hard getting in touch with you via mail, twitter or even getting any response at this forums

My problem is kinda complex and embarrassing and originated from calling to Paypal Customer Service telephone
I hope that there's is something that could be done since it wasn't my fault and I was just only following instructions 😕

So I've been using my old paypal account  for a while now without any problems (<removed>)

Earlier today I got in touch with customer service by dialing the number provided at your contacts page

My request/question was about changing my Personal Information, to be precise, a change in the order in which my name appears: my full name is <Juan <removed>> (has a double name and my first surname is double too) so I wanted to change it to something easier <Sebastian <removed>> since I am not known by the name "Juan" or my last name "<removed>"

at Customer Service they told me that I could not change my current name in my current account but what I could do was make a new account with the name as I would like

I thought It would be a good idea so I just kept asking the lady for about 10 minutes about the process of transferring my data from my old account to my new account and how much time it would take: basically she told me that by "deleting" my current Paypal account I was able to "free" and make "available" both my email (<removed>) and my url (<removed>)

I proceeded to delete my account as the lady told me and to create a new one to only realize that my URL (<removed>) was NOT available

I re-dialed Paypal Customer Service number and told them what had happened:
-I wanted to change the order of appearance of my name
-They told me that it was not possible to do it, but that by ELIMINATING MY CURRENT ACCOUNT I could create a new one and transfer my data without problem.
-I proceeded to delete my old paypal account (<removed>) and to create a new account (<removed>)
-I confirm my email, my cell phone, and when I want to assign my personal URL <<removed>> it tells me that it is not available
-I then tried to enter my old account (<removed>) but I realize I can't access it no more

already into the 3rd call to customer service Paypal, they tell me that the instructions given to me at the beginning (when I wanted to change the order of my name) were false and that I just lost/deleted my old paypal account (along with my linked cards), and that I have no way to recover my custom URL (which I use for freelancing issues)

while talking to the "supervisor" I told her that I had only followed instructions trying to change my name and that I would like to 'recover my account' or at least 'retrieve my URL', she just tells me that both options are impossible

so basically what I wanted was simple:
1. Change the order of my name in my paypal account
2. How to keep my data / url

and what I was offered as ""solution"":
1. I was given false instructions to delete my account forever
2. Losing my personal URL that is so important to me

I was only tring my "<removed>" to have an easier/shorter name of mine

but apparently I just deleted permanently my Paypal account (where all my cards are) and completely locked into oblivion my personalized URL (where I receive payments, and which serves as branding)

My question as a loyal Paypal user:
>>>>>>>>>>> Is there something that can be done?

The supervisor with whom I spoke told me that "I was the one who decided to delete it" which I angrily opposed: I asked for information to make a change (the order of my name), and they told me to do that (to delete my account)

I went to them wanting to change my name and asked the corresponding questions about whether I could reassign my information to my new account (which they answered with lies), and once I followed the instructions, they washed their hands saying it was my decision to erase my account, thing I did based on the LIES that they told me to do

I don't think it's fair to have lost my account/historial (I have to get all my cards out again ???) or that I just lost the custom URL that I use all across the web to identify myself ( <<removed>> which I use as username in more than 30 services: @twitter @instagram @ tumblr @SoundCloud @pinterest @telegram @lastfm @ github @keybase @behance @Facebook @LinkedIn @Medium)

in a nutshell:

1.- I called to ask for a name change
(mentioning how important my information was)
2.- they tell me to delete my current account
(I asked the process more than 10 times step by step)
3.- I delete my account, I create a new one
(I confirm my mail, and the new phone)
4.- I realize I can not re-assign my URL
(<removed>, <removed>is MY USERNAME)
5.- I try to open my last account
(there is no answer, there is no way to reopen it)
6.- I return to paypal / to the supervisor
(tells me that I "opted / decided" to delete it)
7.- I claim that I only follow instructions
(He tells me he can not do anything anyway)

so for asking for a name change,
they asked me to delete my account
(locking my cards and losing my user <removed>)
and then they say that it was me who decided to erase it

**being that I only followed instructions from his technical service, and to which I made repeated questions of the procedure, to which he responded only with lies: "when deleting your account you should be released your <removed>" and "should not be take more than 5 or 7 minutes in what is updated "**

I was almost 2 hours on the phone trying to understand what had happened and they just told me it was my "responsibility", I'm really desperate to gain back my account or my URL

I really need to recover my account (<removed>)
there must be something that can be done
please help me, I was just following instructions
It was not my intention, please

I hope you can help me
I'm kinda anxious I have lost my account to such an obnoxious situation

thank you very much for your attention,
and hope you can give me some help,
Sebastian.

Hi @Anonymous_User,

I'm very sorry to hear what's happened regarding your account. I understand you've lost your account history and URL, and that is definitely a very frustrating situation. I'll be happy to provide whatever help I can here.

First, I'd like to advise that you please refrain from posting your personal information on our public forum. This is against our Community Guidelines, and is in place to keep your identity and information safe. Thanks for your understanding.

Regarding the account being closed - I apologize for the incorrect information you were provided. It's possible there was a misunderstanding, however I wouldn't be able to speculate as I wasn't there for the conversation. In these cases, once a PayPal account is closed, it cannot be reopened. This means the old account will not be able to be recovered in any way.

Additionally, PayPal.me URLs are unique in that once they've been used on an account, they can never be used again (regardless of if that account was closed). Regrettably, this URL is not recoverable. I understand this is an inconvenience due to the nature of its relevance to your business, and I'm very sorry for the effect this may have. You can create another URL on the new account you've made that is similar, but it will not be able to be identical.

As each account that's created is independent, your card information will have to be added to your new account manually. You'll also have to reconfirm the cards and rebuild a history with us. If you've already gone through our payment holds process, you'll have to complete that time frame again, as we're treating this account as a brand new customer.

In conclusion, all I can do regarding this situation is apologize sincerely for the error in instructions you were given. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us again by phone, Twitter, or Facebook so that we can look into the issue and see if there are any available options to help rectify the situation.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

glitteredash

Hi there.

I am having an issue with receiving a payment. I sold the item on November 25th. I waited the 21 days with no luck. I had to confirm my e-mail it turns out as I had changed e-mail address. Now however it is saying it's on hold for another 21 days. I understand this but seek out how to make it so I don't have to wait. I was advised that I could access the payment immediately once the buyer had confirmed receipt of the item on their Paypal account. I have messaged them and they have done this - yet I still don't have access to this payment! Still saying on hold!

Getting quite frustrated now as I needed this money before Christmas and have been waiting since November. Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@glitteredash wrote:

Hi there.

I am having an issue with receiving a payment. I sold the item on November 25th. I waited the 21 days with no luck. I had to confirm my e-mail it turns out as I had changed e-mail address. Now however it is saying it's on hold for another 21 days. I understand this but seek out how to make it so I don't have to wait. I was advised that I could access the payment immediately once the buyer had confirmed receipt of the item on their Paypal account. I have messaged them and they have done this - yet I still don't have access to this payment! Still saying on hold!

Getting quite frustrated now as I needed this money before Christmas and have been waiting since November. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @glitteredash,

I'm sorry to hear that the payment has not released based on the buyer's confirmation of receipt. Please read here for more information about getting your funds released before 21 days. If the confirmation happened today, it may take until after midnight for the payment to be released. For information about future holds, please take a look here.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!

The weekly Q&A session is now closed. All thread content will remain viewable, but locked. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, December 21st at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, December 26th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.