PayPal Community Q&A - December 19, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, December 19th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jdiaz0705
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I just had an issue with 7 unauthorized transactions. I accidentally submitted them in 2 separate claims, however, one of them went through. I called in to assure that the second would go through as well, and the associate said he would look over it for me, and he did. He then said that he would deny my claim because there was no evidence of unauthorized activity. I do not understand how one of my claims can be approved but the second denied. I don't have enough money to pay for these unauthorized transactions. I really hope you can help me appeal this decision. I woke up this morning to the payments being made. I can confirm that I did not make them. I would also like to add that I have not been receiving any emails from PayPal about these transactions or any claims that I have made. What more information can I provide to make this case turn in my favor?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jdiaz0705 wrote:

Hi! I just had an issue with 7 unauthorized transactions. I accidentally submitted them in 2 separate claims, however, one of them went through. I called in to assure that the second would go through as well, and the associate said he would look over it for me, and he did. He then said that he would deny my claim because there was no evidence of unauthorized activity. I do not understand how one of my claims can be approved but the second denied. I don't have enough money to pay for these unauthorized transactions. I really hope you can help me appeal this decision. I woke up this morning to the payments being made. I can confirm that I did not make them. I would also like to add that I have not been receiving any emails from PayPal about these transactions or any claims that I have made. What more information can I provide to make this case turn in my favor?

Hi @jdiaz0705,

I'm so sorry to hear of the unauthorized access. If the claims have already been decided, you can appeal by contacting customer support. A representative will let you know if there is anything that can be provided. Typically in situations of unauthorized access, there isn't anything tangible that would be requested, but the representative can review the activity on the account. If you can look through your history and pinpoint the last valid transaction, providing that information will be helpful so a timeline can be narrowed down.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

flonejhay

Hi Paypal,

I'm a new member, and I read all the information about the fees, I found out that withdrawing money from my paypal to go to my card doesn't have any fee to pay. However, when I activated my card so that PayPal can send me a code, I was charged for 100 Philippine Peso. Actually, there are 2 transactions. 1 transaction for 54.00php then it was refunded immediately, and one for 100php but was not refunded, this is not clear to me. May I know what is the charge for ?

Thanks ! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@flonejhay wrote:

Hi Paypal,

I'm a new member, and I read all the information about the fees, I found out that withdrawing money from my paypal to go to my card doesn't have any fee to pay. However, when I activated my card so that PayPal can send me a code, I was charged for 100 Philippine Peso. Actually, there are 2 transactions. 1 transaction for 54.00php then it was refunded immediately, and one for 100php but was not refunded, this is not clear to me. May I know what is the charge for ?

Thanks ! 

Hey @flonejhay,

Great question - based on what you've said, it sounds like we may have been trying to confirm your card. When we attempt to verify a card, we send a charge to ensure the payment is approved, which is then refunded once the card is confirmed. Do you see a code on your statement? Are we asking for the code in your PayPal Wallet? Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

flonejhay

Hi,

Yes there's a code for verification, I already verified my card. Then I noticed that there are 2 charges, first transaction was refunded, but the second transaction was not refunded. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@flonejhay wrote:

Hi,

Yes there's a code for verification, I already verified my card. Then I noticed that there are 2 charges, first transaction was refunded, but the second transaction was not refunded. 

Hey @flonejhay,

Thanks for clarifying! Are there any details next to that payment, such as a merchant name, or any other details besides "PayPal?" Do you see the charge in your PayPal account? It may be best to contact us via phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can look into this and discuss in more detail.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

flonejhay

Yes, it says paypal, and yeah just called your phone number. This is all cleared. Thanks ! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@flonejhay wrote:

Yes, it says paypal, and yeah just called your phone number. This is all cleared. Thanks ! 

Hey @flonejhay,

Glad to hear it! Thanks for stopping by, and have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.