PayPal Community Q&A - December 14, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A session on Friday, December 14th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the session is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A session works:

The session opens at 4pm GMT. Once it is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post a question, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A session, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the session will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A session by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Martin

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

wysocki
Contributor
Contributor

My Rotary Club has a PP account, actually several. And we've been notified that we can no longer have multiple PP accounts connected to a common bank account. We have several Donate buttons on our website that allow the public to donate to our various charities. Even though they all feed our common charity bank account, we have to be able to do accounting for them separately. If we use only ONE PP account for our various charities, how can we setup our Donate buttons to identify specific charity donations and have PP give us accounting reports GROUPED by those charities?

Login to Me Too

HannaHalina
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening!
I learned that there is a partnership agreement between the PayPal and the Estonian e-residency (electron residency) program. Recently, I became a e-resident of Estonia in order to be able to receive money into the PayPal account.

What should I do next? I have a few questions:
1. Can I use Ukrainian PayPal as an e-resident or do I need to open an account in Estonia?
2. If I open an account in Estonia, which one do I need to indicate the address and telephone number: Estonian (e-residency) or Ukrainian?
I do not have a company in Estonia; I am a private e-resident.
Thanks for attention. Waiting for tips.

Sincerely, Galina.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @HannaHalina,

I am not aware of any partnership with Estonian e-residency and PayPal. You can only setup a personal account in your actual country of residence. E-residency is not valid for this purpose.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @wysocki

Welcome to our Community Q&A session!

I understand this is frustrating news. You can simply add a donate button linked to  the specific charity's allocated email address and add this email address to the one account where you have the bank account. As you can have several email address linked to one PayPal account.  You can use our filter option to customize your reports t for these various charities or request that we do this for you. You will also find assistance on our Merchant Support site here.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

wysocki
Contributor
Contributor

So each Donate button I create will have code indicating the email address that the donation will be assigned to , right? Ok, I'll check that out.

Regarding the report creation, I signed up at the new support site, but I'm very confused. It appears to be mostly a status reporting site. Where on that site do I navigate to get assistance on how to create and customize the needed reports by email address?

In my PP account, I went to REPORTS and selected Transactions Detail, but was told that I'm not subscribed to that report! No clue as to where I have to subscribe to it.

You state that I can "...request that we do this for you...". Where do I do that?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@wysocki

I would suggest you contact our Customer Support directly , so they can assist creating a tailored option for your Club's needs. They can help you with the creation of the donation buttons and also the specific reports you need. On the Merchant Support site, once you have signed up you can create a request by going to the contact us section of the support site.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Elroypaz

This is my problem right now " You can no longer use PayPal"

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive payments. Funds in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about withdrawing your funds.

Reference ID: PP-007-649-926-953

I used Paypal to received payments,investments and just started using it a couple of days ago. Previous transaction were fine then lately there was a hold on my account and they informed me through email that the funds will be put onhold until Jan.32,2019 so I didn't do anything and just wait for it. Then I still have my funds on coins.ph account I invested it again to a certain website which also return my investment to my Paypal account with profit but then again the funds were placed on-hold again to be available on Jan.4,2019 . Then I used the fund available on my Paypal to pay an investment to my daughter's account it was successful but when I tried to login today that's the message that I got.

Please Help me guys..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Elroypaz

Welcome to our Community Q&A session.

Unfortunately , we cannot provide information or take any action on accounts through contacts on this platform for security and data protection reasons. It seems your account has received a permanent limitation. These decisions are not made lightly and a thorough review of the account and activity would have been done before this measure was decided.

If you wish to discuss the account issue please contact our support through the help section on your account.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.