PayPal Community Q&A - April 3, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, April 3rd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gringos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have sent emails to the customer support team a countless times in the past few weeks regarding the downgrading of my PayPal account, but I have never gotten response. Apparently, I registered my PayPal account as a business account some times last year. However, it was until recently that I realized the mistake. I work as a freelancer and I only use the account to receive mass payments from my freelancing endeavours. 

A few week ago, I received a notification email that was instructing me to provide the necessary documentation that would enable me to verify my account, which is registered as a business account. I have not registered any company or email which makes it tricky for me to secure the documentation required. I learnt that my account could be downgraded to a personal account which is ideal for me and which I can easily provide the documents required for the verification process. How  can you help me downgrade the account. 

Don't advice me to call, because I'm not in the US and the calling charges are so exorbitant. I'm just wondering why PayPal has not been responding. Is there any help that I can get. I'm kinda stranded and not able to receive any payments anymore. I also would like to verify my account, but the documents that I can obtain are related to personal verification. 

@PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@gringos wrote:

Hi

I have sent emails to the customer support team a countless times in the past few weeks regarding the downgrading of my PayPal account, but I have never gotten response. Apparently, I registered my PayPal account as a business account some times last year. However, it was until recently that I realized the mistake. I work as a freelancer and I only use the account to receive mass payments from my freelancing endeavours. 

A few week ago, I received a notification email that was instructing me to provide the necessary documentation that would enable me to verify my account, which is registered as a business account. I have not registered any company or email which makes it tricky for me to secure the documentation required. I learnt that my account could be downgraded to a personal account which is ideal for me and which I can easily provide the documents required for the verification process. How  can you help me downgrade the account. 

Don't advice me to call, because I'm not in the US and the calling charges are so exorbitant. I'm just wondering why PayPal has not been responding. Is there any help that I can get. I'm kinda stranded and not able to receive any payments anymore. I also would like to verify my account, but the documents that I can obtain are related to personal verification. 

@PayPal_Olivia 

Hi @gringos,

I'm sorry to hear that the requests made by email have not been successful. Downgrading an account when it is not limited is much more straightforward and typically can be done with an email to support. If there's a limitation on the account, it may not be as simple as downgrading the account, and the conversation may be more involved. Calling is best for these conversations.

I understand that you do not wish to call. As an alternative to calling, you may wish to try one of our social media options, either by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter. If you let the representative know that you already emailed the request to downgrade, they should be able to assist further.

I hope this is able to be resolved swiftly!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

gringos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried via Facebook, and I'm yet to receive any response, though I tried only once. For the emails, I have sent several of them. Maybe around 10 or so. No, my account is not limited, though I have been requested to send the necessary documentation required to verify it. Why don't you guys have a 'live chat' customer support option? @PayPal_Olivia 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@gringos wrote:

Hi

I tried via Facebook, and I'm yet to receive any response, though I tried only once. For the emails, I have sent several of them. Maybe around 10 or so. No, my account is not limited, though I have been requested to send the necessary documentation required to verify it. Why don't you guys have a 'live chat' customer support option? @PayPal_Olivia 

Hi @gringos,

I'm sorry that live chat is not available in all regions at this time. Thank you for reaching out to our team on Facebook. While the response may not be immediate, the team will respond as soon as they can. We appreciate your patience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

gringos
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia  Can I share with you my account details so that you can provide further advice. I can see any option for a DM.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@gringos wrote:

@PayPal_Olivia  Can I share with you my account details so that you can provide further advice. I can see any option for a DM.

Hi @gringos,

Please do not share any account information in the Community Forum. The Community can only assist with general information. Account-specific requests require assistance from customer service.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

mamamichelle

In regards to your most recent update effective next month, I want to get clarification on the fees on refunds. Is it true that Paypal will no longer refund the 2.9% fee when a payment is refunded?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@mamamichelle wrote:

In regards to your most recent update effective next month, I want to get clarification on the fees on refunds. Is it true that Paypal will no longer refund the 2.9% fee when a payment is refunded?

Hi @mamamichelle,

Thanks for stopping by our Q&A today! That's correct, the fee will not be refunded if a Goods & Services payment or donation is refunded to a buyer. 

From the update: "We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you."

You can review the change in more detail here. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.