PayPal Community Q&A - April 24, 2019 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Q&A on Wednesday, April 24th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the Q&A is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Q&A works:

The Q&A opens at 1 pm PT. Once the Q&A is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the Q&A, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the Q&A, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the Q&A, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the Q&A will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the Q&A by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Q&A is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This event is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Twong_24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there PayPal Community, I am new to the PayPal transaction world and have been testing sales through social media. Recently I shipped out a shipment that contained used car parts, many photos were taken and exchanged with the buyer. Now that he has received the parts he now is claiming them to not be as described and has sent me photos of them now being damaged. He was also saying this was not a shipping issue but claiming they were sent damaged prior to packaging. I know that they were not in that condition when photoed and packaged along with how they were packed into the box. The damage to them is inadequate of how shipment would have effected them. So my concerns is that he damaged them purposefully in the desire to claim full refund. I also noticed that there may be a possibility that one of the items doesn’t appear to be one of which I shipped to him, being that he may switched out his damaged good with mine. So how should I go about this matter and how am I protected as a buyer? I tried contacting the dispute center on PayPal through telephone but after five attempts only ending with the dial up tone I am left to come here for help. -Thanks Tommy.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Twong_24 wrote:
Hello there PayPal Community, I am new to the PayPal transaction world and have been testing sales through social media. Recently I shipped out a shipment that contained used car parts, many photos were taken and exchanged with the buyer. Now that he has received the parts he now is claiming them to not be as described and has sent me photos of them now being damaged. He was also saying this was not a shipping issue but claiming they were sent damaged prior to packaging. I know that they were not in that condition when photoed and packaged along with how they were packed into the box. The damage to them is inadequate of how shipment would have effected them. So my concerns is that he damaged them purposefully in the desire to claim full refund. I also noticed that there may be a possibility that one of the items doesn’t appear to be one of which I shipped to him, being that he may switched out his damaged good with mine. So how should I go about this matter and how am I protected as a buyer? I tried contacting the dispute center on PayPal through telephone but after five attempts only ending with the dial up tone I am left to come here for help. -Thanks Tommy.

Hi @Twong_24,

I'm so sorry to hear what's happened with your buyer, that definitely sounds frustrating. Based on what you've said, it sounds like you may still have an open dispute. In Significantly Not As Described cases, we give the buyer the opportunity to ship the item back to you for a refund if they provide tracking. Once you receive the items, if they are not in the condition you sent, or if you receive the wrong items back, you can appeal the decision and provide additional evidence.

Once you receive the products back, contact us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can ensure the case is appealed and hopefully have the case resolved in your favor. Good luck with the case, and thanks for stopping by our Q&A today!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's Q&A session!

The weekly Q&A session is now closed. All thread content will remain viewable, but locked. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, April 26th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, May 1st at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.