PayPal Community Chat - September 7, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Friday, September 7th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 4pm GMT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

DanielJov
Contributor
Contributor

Ok

Next to I mus do is to ask from Microworker.com to give me unique transaction ID and allso to see that they transaction is processed.If still transaction is not processed yet they can cancel request and back my money.Right?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

AndrewMamdouh
Contributor
Contributor

My question is "could i be safe when i am using paypal?"
My story is that i received money in my paypal account and received email from paypal saying that it is ok to ship the item,So i shipped the item and the buyer used it
Then i become surprised the buyer opened a case that this transaction is not authorized 
Paypal took the money of the item and charged me 10$ for chargeback 
So lost (my item),lost (the money of the item),and lost (10$) 
And guess what i emailed paypal in this section "Respond to/Status of Buyer Dispute or Claim" on 8/31/18 but no one replied to me up till now and i had to call paypal and charged an international call because they didn't do what was expected to reply with 24h
Cases numbers for reference 

PP-D-13731212

PP-D-13727249

PP-D-13726442

PP-D-13713713

PP-D-13762308

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @AndrewMamdouh,

Welcome to our Community Chat!

It would seem you have received  Chargebacks on your account. These are initiated from the card issuing Bank or Credit card company. You will find more information on Chargebacks including how to respond and timeframes here.  Please note we have a Seller Protection Policy explained here. You can review this to see if the transactions are covered under this policy 

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on any specific case on this platform for data protection and security reasons.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

AndrewMamdouh
Contributor
Contributor

The Second link is not working and i get The page you're looking for is no longer available.
Also if someone can reply to me on support tickets under this section

Respond to/Status of Buyer Dispute or Claim

which i sent will be nice because as i mentioned no one replied to me since 31 Aug 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @AndrewMamdouh

Sorry, the link did not work, please try this Seller Protection. The chargeback process is a lengthy one, and sometimes there are delays in replies. Please make sure you quote the case reference number if you are sending emails through the secure Message Centre. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

JONM3SSI
Contributor
Contributor

Got scammed by an eBay buyer BIG TIME

Hello,

Recently someone bought 12 times my product, he bought it once before that and had left feedback, so I felt secure. After he bought the 12 all together, I sent him a message asking if he can verify he is the one that purchased it and want to receive it all, he confirmed. Ebay said payment received - please ship now. I checked on my purchase history for my item and I could see the paypal transaction from ebay. I sent it through email and it was all good.

Fast forward 1 week later, I see that my balance is lower than it should be, go on to the payment he made and it just said 'canceled', no warning, no dispute, just canceled. The payment said eCheck canceled and I don't know how to deal with it. This sets me back 2 weeks of work and I was wondering how I can open a dispute or get the money. If you guys need more details/pictures, I'll happily provide it. Please HELP. Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @JONM3SSI,

Welcome to our Community!

It would seem the payments you received were funded by echeque. When this payment method is used we notify you that these payments must clear before they will reflect on your Paypal balance and the possibility of failure. You would have the option to deny such payments when you received them. In this case, we would suggest you contact both eBay to raise a dispute for non-payment and the Buyer to advise them that the payments did not clear as they may not be aware of the failure. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, September 14th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, September 12th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.