PayPal Community Chat - September 5, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, September 5th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

swalker57
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal 3 weeks ago my PayPal account was limited as you linked it to an ex lodger of mine, he was a drug addict and was stealing from me and manipulated my son In To lending him lots of money as well, for the final few weeks he made my life hell and we finally got evidence of him stealing and evicted him, you then link my PayPal to his and again let this vile man destroy my life, my account got limited which I appealed and it went in to closure, I sent you all the evidence you wanted including tenancy agreement and eviction notice, i was then emailed by David <removed> from executive escalations and he apologised for everything and reinstated my account, everything was fine for 2 weeks and then 6 days ago you again linked my account to William <removed> and it has gone limited again, 6 days have passed and I have had no contact from PayPal customer service, I have emailed ppelce numerous times as was told to if I needed further help and nothing, phoned numerous times and each time they just say they will pass a message on to relevant department and nothing, contacted askpaypal on Twitter and they said they would pass on to relevant department and again nothing, this is effecting my life, my health everything really I have not been able to eat for 3 days and I have now had to sign up for benefits which I was hoping not to as I wanted to start my own business but PayPal you have ripped this dream away from me for something I have not even done and it’s all down to a vile thief of a man you will not let me forget!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@swalker57 wrote:

Hi PayPal 3 weeks ago my PayPal account was limited as you linked it to an ex lodger of mine, he was a drug addict and was stealing from me and manipulated my son In To lending him lots of money as well, for the final few weeks he made my life hell and we finally got evidence of him stealing and evicted him, you then link my PayPal to his and again let this vile man destroy my life, my account got limited which I appealed and it went in to closure, I sent you all the evidence you wanted including tenancy agreement and eviction notice, i was then emailed by David <removed> from executive escalations and he apologised for everything and reinstated my account, everything was fine for 2 weeks and then 6 days ago you again linked my account to William <removed> and it has gone limited again, 6 days have passed and I have had no contact from PayPal customer service, I have emailed ppelce numerous times as was told to if I needed further help and nothing, phoned numerous times and each time they just say they will pass a message on to relevant department and nothing, contacted askpaypal on Twitter and they said they would pass on to relevant department and again nothing, this is effecting my life, my health everything really I have not been able to eat for 3 days and I have now had to sign up for benefits which I was hoping not to as I wanted to start my own business but PayPal you have ripped this dream away from me for something I have not even done and it’s all down to a vile thief of a man you will not let me forget!

Hi @swalker57,

I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible experience that you've had with an ex-tenant, and with trying to get the resulting limitations resolved. While we cannot assist with account-specific questions via the Community Forum, I can let you know that customer support representatives who forward your information to the Executive Escalations department are doing all they can. If the original decision to reinstate the account was made with that group, that group will have to pursue the resolution of the re-limitation. If you've left messages and it's been several days, that may be due to volumes of inquiries. Please bear with them.

I truly hope this is able to be resolved swiftly and that things get better for you.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

swalker57
Contributor
Contributor

I understand this but it has been 6 days, every time I phone I get told some one will be in touch with in 48 hours, every time I message I get told I will get a reply with in 48 to 72 hours, but again it has been 6 days, any contact even just something to tell me its being dealt with would help but it looks like Im jus being ignored, how much of a back log can the executive escaltations department have? 3 weeks ago when my account went limited it was all sorted in 3 days and my account was reopened and that was from closure, it is only limited at the moment and cant even get a reply, do I have to email the offices of Cameron <removed> and Dan <removed> every time I have a problem just to get something done?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@swalker57 wrote:

I understand this but it has been 6 days, every time I phone I get told some one will be in touch with in 48 hours, every time I message I get told I will get a reply with in 48 to 72 hours, but again it has been 6 days, any contact even just something to tell me its being dealt with would help but it looks like Im jus being ignored, how much of a back log can the executive escaltations department have? 3 weeks ago when my account went limited it was all sorted in 3 days and my account was reopened and that was from closure, it is only limited at the moment and cant even get a reply, do I have to email the offices of Cameron <removed> and Dan <removed> every time I have a problem just to get something done?

Hi @swalker57,

I truly understand your frustration. There may be extenuating factors that delay a response. I regret that the Community Forum is only for general assistance and it is not possible for me to intervene directly. Please continue to explore the avenues that you have previously tried if you do not receive a response within the next few days.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Hoko2
Contributor
Contributor

I need to send a refund to two people who sent money in early 2018 for an even that was supposed to occur in July 2018 but was cancelled.

One was easy. Hit activity, narrowed the date, found her in the list, clicked refund button on the right end of her line.

Other one was impossible: no refund button. Instead there is a button that gives me the "choice" of archiving her payment.

How do I refund it to her?

thanks, the B'Ad-min **bleep**-istant

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Hoko2 wrote:

I need to send a refund to two people who sent money in early 2018 for an even that was supposed to occur in July 2018 but was cancelled.

One was easy. Hit activity, narrowed the date, found her in the list, clicked refund button on the right end of her line.

Other one was impossible: no refund button. Instead there is a button that gives me the "choice" of archiving her payment.

How do I refund it to her?

thanks, the B'Ad-min **bleep**-istant

Hey @Hoko2,

Great question, and thanks for joining our chat today. 🙂 Not being able to complete the refund definitely sounds frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Are you able to see the status of the payment? If so, what is it? Based on what you've described, it sounds like the payment may have already been refunded. If not, this could be related to a bug or issue, which we would want to report. You can reply here with the transaction status and we can see what information we can find. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Hoko2
Contributor
Contributor

Transaction:  8MM73046TY114423R

We want to refund the whole amount to Ms Fro...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Hoko2 wrote:

Transaction:  8MM73046TY114423R

We want to refund the whole amount to Ms Fro...

Hey @Hoko2,

Got it, thanks for the details. In this case, it sounds like this may be related to a bug. I would advise either reporting this to our MTS team, contacting us, or reaching out on Facebook or Twitter so that we can look into the issue directly and access the details of the account. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.