PayPal Community Chat - September 26, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, September 26th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_AshleyM

@Tijsbastiaansen wrote:
After my account got locked i waited 90days, but i still cant get my money from my account. What can help?

Hi @Tijsbastiaansen,

I'm sorry to hear the account was locked. 😞 If your account has been permanently limited, the balance would be held for 180 days before it is able to be released. As soon as it becomes available for withdrawal, we'll email you with more information to complete that process. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Hello, It has been more than a year and i havent got an email. Can you chexk this out for me? Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Tijsbastiaansen wrote:
Hello, It has been more than a year and i havent got an email. Can you chexk this out for me? Thanks

Hey @Tijsbastiaansen,

Regrettably, we're unable to discuss account specifics over a public forum, as your information wouldn't be secure here. I apologize for the inconvenience. 😞 I would advise contacting us, or reaching out on Facebook or Twitter for more in-depth assistance. I hope this is resolved for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

elizask
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I received money from my friend 5 days ago. I got the email notification and it shows up in my account summary however it does not show in my balance. 
I contacted PayPal via Twitter who said it was a technical error and would be in within 72 hours ( it is now past that time). I contacted them again today and they just said it was a technical error they had escalated. Can you let me know what is going on?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@elizask wrote:

Hi, 

I received money from my friend 5 days ago. I got the email notification and it shows up in my account summary however it does not show in my balance. 
I contacted PayPal via Twitter who said it was a technical error and would be in within 72 hours ( it is now past that time). I contacted them again today and they just said it was a technical error they had escalated. Can you let me know what is going on?

Hi @elizask,

I understand that not receiving your funds can be frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced due to this. It looks like that is a known issue we've been made aware of, and are actively working to fix. There wouldn't be any additional steps to take at this point if your account has already been reported, so at this point, we'll have to wait for the issue to be resolved. Thanks for your patience during this time.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

niklsert
Contributor
Contributor

At what time is a refund to the PayPal account booked?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@niklsert wrote:

At what time is a refund to the PayPal account booked?

Hey @niklsert,

Great question! When a refund is issued by a merchant, it is typically processed right away. Occasionally, a merchant won't have enough funds available to complete a refund from their balance, at which point we require the money to completely process before completing the refund. Typically, that process doesn't take more than 3-5 business days to be resolved. Hopefully this information helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

jstitch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

My account has been permanently limited since December 2017.  Am I banned forever from paypal?  If yes, why I can't close my account?  I also was adviced by one of your advisor that I'll be able to open a new account with different bank account and email address.  Can you clarify this please?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jstitch wrote:

Hi, 

My account has been permanently limited since December 2017.  Am I banned forever from paypal?  If yes, why I can't close my account?  I also was adviced by one of your advisor that I'll be able to open a new account with different bank account and email address.  Can you clarify this please?

Thanks

Hi @jstitch,

Thank you for joining the chat. A permanent limitation typically does mean that you cannot open another PayPal account, except in situations where PayPal grants that permission, such as in situations where a minor created a PayPal account but is now of age to have an account. I regret that we cannot provide account-specific assistance via the community so I won't be able to tell you for certain that your limitation is one that you would be allowed to bypass with another account, but customer support can help with that.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Hey, My account got permanently limited because i was minor age. Does this mean i can open an new account? And how can i do this? Tijs
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.