PayPal Community Chat - September 21, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Friday, September 21st, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 4pm GMT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Martin

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Simon51
New Community Member

I don't really understand what this is all about .. so hope I can get an answer.  What does it cost to make mass payments?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Simon51,

Welcome to our Community Chat!

You will find our details fee structure in the List of Fees in the User Agreement List of fees. Please note the Mass Payment product is not available to all customers. It can only be used by accounts who have an Account Manager or who qualify for Business Support. If your PayPal account qualifies for Mass Payments, you will be contacted by PayPal. If you feel you should qualify I would recommend you reach out to your Account Manager or our Business Support using the contact details you have been provided with. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

jef3r
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!  I have a quick question about using my Paypal balance.  I ordered some books for my daughter through Scholastic and used Paypal as my payment method.  I selected the option to use my $10 Paypal balance and to put the rest on my credit card.  The school "holds" the payment until the order gets submitted at the end of September and this order currently shows as "pending" in my Paypal account.

Well, last night, I placed a similar order for my other daughter and, forgetting I had already committed that $10 Paypal balance to my first daughter's order, selected again to use the balance first and then use my credit card.  I don't see that order yet in my Paypal account but am assuming it will show up as pending soon?

So, the question is...since I accidentally "committed" that same $10 paypal balance to two different orders that will not be officially submitted until 9/30, what will happen when the time comes?  For the 2nd order, will they just pull the entire amount from my credit card since the balnce will have gone to my first order?  Or will Paypal reject the order entirely in some way?  Is the fact that this second order isn't showing up as pending an indication that there's going to be a problem with the 2nd order?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @jef3r

Yes, they will pull the full amount on the second order from your other funding source, as the $10 have already been earmarked for the first order. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

baeru
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I wanted to ask what to do in the case of being charged for the second time in the case of a false claim on my account which has been due to the bad link between your service and the buyer's bank even after being told you guys were working things out for me and all was good on my side? While I understand there isn't seller protection for digital services, this claim has been a mistake from the absolute beginning and the buyer's bank sent in papers to close this case already more than 20 days ago. I have tried to contact you via email, have been told to contact via phone and there I was told to email you again. Not getting any responses on Twitter or email, so I'm feeling pretty hopeless since this is a false claim. Thank you for your response in advance.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @baeru

It sounds like a chargeback has been filed against you.   A chargeback isn’t the same as a PayPal claim. The chargeback process is initiated outside of PayPal, between the card issuer and their cardholder. In a dispute over a chargeback, the decision is ultimately made by the card issuer and we don't decide the outcome. The processing time of chargeback is very slow and mostly outside pour control. Once we receive the retraction from the card issuer the funds should go back to your Paypal balance. 

Unfortunately, we cannot provide account specific information on this platform.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

CM1020
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Our organization has a membership program, so in the renewal request emails we send out, I would like to be able to have a link or something for them to click so they can renew via paypal, and was wondering what the best option would be. I saw in other community threads that someone suggested inserting a "donate now" button or even making a paypal.me account. Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @CM1020,

Setting up a subscription would be the best option. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.