PayPal Community Chat - September 19, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, September 19th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

PayPal_Olivia

@Josh_M_nyc wrote:

Hi,

So I'm in the middle of a difficult transaction that has not gone smoothly for either me, the buyer, or the seller.  

Using the price guarantee option, I bought an item from a private seller.  Unfortunately, my shipping address on paypal wasn't updated the way I thought it was and the package got returned to sender.  We chatted via email and I offered to pay for shipping a second time to a corrected address.  Seller said it would ship the next day.  I emailed for a tracking number and a week later I got a message saying that he was sorry but the post office had damaged the item and he was fighting with them for the cost of damages and that he'd refund me - I got a refund for shipping, only.  So far, no refund for the original purchase.  So, am I within my rights to ask for a refund for the original purchase?

thanks!

Hi @Josh_M_nyc,

Oh, that sounds like a terrible experience for everyone! I'm sorry to hear that happened.

If the seller has not refunded you for the original transaction and you still have not received the item, you are within your rights to open a dispute. The one problem is that, with the incorrect address in the transaction details, the seller would win a dispute if they showed delivery to that wrong address. If the tracking does show that the item was returned to sender, you're in good shape to win. The seller can continue to pursue the issue of the damaged items and retain any credit the shipping company gives.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Josh_M_nyc

Hi - I have proof that the item was returned to sender - both tracking number and confirmation via email.

I'd rather not open a dispute yet nor asked the seller about a refund - I wanted to learn what my rights are in this particular situation, first.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Josh_M_nyc wrote:

Hi - I have proof that the item was returned to sender - both tracking number and confirmation via email.

I'd rather not open a dispute yet nor asked the seller about a refund - I wanted to learn what my rights are in this particular situation, first.

Hi @Josh_M_nyc,

That's totally understandable, and a great idea! If the seller is being cooperative and you're still well within the dispute filing timeframe (180 days), then keeping the line of communication open is a great choice. The choice to open a dispute is one that can be discouraging to a seller who is otherwise trying to provide options. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Ug3444

Hello. Can you please help me with my problem? When trying to withdraw money to my bank account “Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later.” *(almost 2 days with this issue)

I have been using paypal for this years no issues, its the first time with this issue, i didnt change anything at my account.

I am from brazil

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Ug3444 wrote:

Hello. Can you please help me with my problem? When trying to withdraw money to my bank account “Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later.” *(almost 2 days with this issue)

I am from brazil

Hi @Ug3444,

Not being able to withdraw your funds can definitely be frustrating. 😞 At times, we have to place a hold on a withdrawal due to a security check. In these cases, it can take between 24-72 hours for us to allow the funds to be withdrawn. Every attempt to withdraw during that time actually extends the hold, so I would advise waiting 72 hours before attempting your withdrawal again. If you're still running into issues, please contact us so that we can take a closer look. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Ug3444

Is there any way to make the process faster?

I can not wait every month I makewithdraws on paypal without problems.

And we all have bills to pay.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Ug3444 wrote:

Is there any way to make the process faster?

I can not wait every month I makewithdraws on paypal without problems.

And we all have bills to pay.

Hey @Ug3444,

I definitely understand your concern. Regrettably, there's no way to bypass this process. As you said, this hasn't happened before. Hopefully, this is a one-time security check that's delaying the process. Again, please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, September 21st at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, September 26th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.