PayPal Community Chat - September 12, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, September 12th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bjm723
Contributor
Contributor
My dispute has been not resolved in 1 month. I do not have the merchandise. I paid on 7/29/2018. Merchant does not know where the product from China is. Should I dispute with my bank against PayPal?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Bjm723 wrote:
My dispute has been not resolved in 1 month. I do not have the merchandise. I paid on 7/29/2018. Merchant does not know where the product from China is. Should I dispute with my bank against PayPal?

Hi @Bjm723,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your item and your dispute hasn't been resolved. That's definitely frustrating. 😞 What's the status of your case currently? Have you received any updates from us? When was the last time you received a notification regarding the case? Hope to hear back from you soon. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

andrea91
New Community Member

Hi Olivia,

I wanted to know the best way to get in touch with the concerned team for a quick demo of a third party PayPal reporting and insight tool?

Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Regards
Andrea

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@andrea91 wrote:

Hi Olivia,

I wanted to know the best way to get in touch with the concerned team for a quick demo of a third party PayPal reporting and insight tool?

Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Regards
Andrea

Hi @andrea91,

We appreciate you reaching out, however this is a chat regarding account issues and we'd be unable to assist with this type of request here. I would advise finding our corporate address located in the User Agreement. I apologize that we can't be of more help.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Lazlovancat
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently won a dispute and I have to return the iten by the 18th.  The problem is the seller is profane (very) combative refuses to accept a return. The address I have to send it to is bogus (I spent the last 2 days in deep research).. The owners of the property do not reflect any kinship to the seller. Plus the address on the shipping label on the Fedex label is totally different. I have contacted customer service and they don't respond to any of my emails.  I have dealt with a CS rep in the past and they are clueless. It's going to cost me $60. to return the item. Then paypal said it needs verification it was received by the seller (which is know way gonna happen). So I'm **bleep**  all the way around..  You want to read some of the profane messages sent by the seller to confirm this info.???  Please help..

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Lazlovancat wrote:

I just recently won a dispute and I have to return the iten by the 18th.  The problem is the seller is profane (very) combative refuses to accept a return. The address I have to send it to is bogus (I spent the last 2 days in deep research).. The owners of the property do not reflect any kinship to the seller. Plus the address on the shipping label on the Fedex label is totally different. I have contacted customer service and they don't respond to any of my emails.  I have dealt with a CS rep in the past and they are clueless. It's going to cost me $60. to return the item. Then paypal said it needs verification it was received by the seller (which is know way gonna happen). So I'm **bleep**  all the way around..  You want to read some of the profane messages sent by the seller to confirm this info.???  Please help..

Hi @Lazlovancat,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty that you're having with a seller. Please don't provide any of the messages here in the community, especially if they have profanity! We definitely want you to comply with the Community Guidelines.

If the dispute instructions were to return to a specific address, please use the address that was given in that process, and use tracking to protect yourself. If the address is invalid, your attempt will be able to be noted via the tracking. If the claim does close with the result that the tracking was invalid, you will be able to appeal the situation and explain.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lazlovancat
Contributor
Contributor

If the case closes for whatever reason how do I appeal it.. Through what format??? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Lazlovancat wrote:

If the case closes for whatever reason how do I appeal it.. Through what format??? 

Hi @Lazlovancat,

Great question! If the case closes without the tracking information being considered fully and an appeal is necessary, it can be appealed via customer service.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.