PayPal Community Chat - October 3, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, October 3rd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Al7areth
New Community Member
Hi, my account was used for an unauthorized purchase in London UK, and everything according to multiple customer service reps was perfectly fine, they all said the res. center will back you up, it didn’t! They said it’s authorized and denied it. It’s funny, even the company says it is obviously unauthorized and they only want paypal to communicate with them! I lost 155 GBP in this fraud, and paypal is treating me like a fraud myself! Everything points to the fact that I did not authorize this, but paypal is ignoring that fact! 😕 I’m puzzled, who can assist me! I need my voice to be heard please!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Al7areth wrote:
Hi, my account was used for an unauthorized purchase in London UK, and everything according to multiple customer service reps was perfectly fine, they all said the res. center will back you up, it didn’t! They said it’s authorized and denied it. It’s funny, even the company says it is obviously unauthorized and they only want paypal to communicate with them! I lost 155 GBP in this fraud, and paypal is treating me like a fraud myself! Everything points to the fact that I did not authorize this, but paypal is ignoring that fact! 😕 I’m puzzled, who can assist me! I need my voice to be heard please!!

Hi @Al7areth,

I'm so sorry to hear that there was unauthorized activity and that the case was not found in your favor. I regret that we can't offer account-specific assistance here in the community, but a customer service representative can definitely take a look at your request to appeal the decision. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Al7areth
New Community Member
This doesn’t help! I’m appealing here because on twitter no one is replying and to call you is to call internationally, and I did this 4 or 5 time!! This is unacceptable, you don’t have a good platform for complaints, you’re treating me, a client, like **bleep** right now, this is the worst experience I’ve had with any pay service.. smh on this bs, @askpaypal is useless, phone calls are expensive and useless, online help is automated messages, what the hell is wrong with you people?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Al7areth wrote:
This doesn’t help! I’m appealing here because on twitter no one is replying and to call you is to call internationally, and I did this 4 or 5 time!! This is unacceptable, you don’t have a good platform for complaints, you’re treating me, a client, like **bleep** right now, this is the worst experience I’ve had with any pay service.. smh on this bs, @askpaypal is useless, phone calls are expensive and useless, online help is automated messages, what the hell is wrong with you people?

Hi @Al7areth,

I truly understand your frustration. Assistance via the community is limited to general answers. We also have some guidelines that must be followed to use the Community Forum. Please be mindful of those guidelines in order to continue to use this platform.

Please reach out again via one of the methods I suggested. While those options do include automated help, they also offer the opportunity to progress to a live teammate for matters that cannot be answered by the automated assistants.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JayCole1
Contributor
Contributor
Hey i recently just got the account limitation removed from my account everything is verified i have my bank account and bank card on my account so everytime i try to transfer money onto my account it gives me this error “Right now, we’re not able to complete this transaction. Please try again later.” so im not quite sure what can i do been fighting with this for a week now
Login to Me Too

Toph3k

Hi, on Oct. 1st, my bank account was charged $5 CAD for Paypal MSP however when I checked Paypal, there was no transaction on Oct. 1st. I'm curious as to what this unauthorized charge is.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Toph3k wrote:

Hi, on Oct. 1st, my bank account was charged $5 CAD for Paypal MSP however when I checked Paypal, there was no transaction on Oct. 1st. I'm curious as to what this unauthorized charge is.

Hi @Toph3k,

I'm sorry to hear about an unrecognized charge in your bank account! My suggestion would be to call PayPal customer service by phone so that you can securely provide your bank and/or debit card information to a teammate, who can look to see if there are any guest transactions that were made with your information. If your information is being used without your consent, this will help you identify what specific information was used, so it can be reported to the financial institution.

To contact support, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page and follow the prompts to call PayPal.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@JayCole1 wrote:
Hey i recently just got the account limitation removed from my account everything is verified i have my bank account and bank card on my account so everytime i try to transfer money onto my account it gives me this error “Right now, we’re not able to complete this transaction. Please try again later.” so im not quite sure what can i do been fighting with this for a week now

Hi @JayCole1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty adding funds to your PayPal account. The messaging you describe can happen for a few reasons, one of which is that the system may be detecting risk involved with the activity. Have you tried making a payment using your bank as a payment source? (I apologize if that's not one of the options available in your country. There's no country or account type listed in your forum profile.)

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.