PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, October 10th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

akopacsi-temp
Contributor
Contributor

I entered akopacsi181010 as a new username. I made a screenshot. I would be grateful if you could modify it to akopacsi, so I could go back to my old forum conversations.Képkivágás.PNG

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@akopacsi-temp wrote:

I entered akopacsi181010 as a new username. I made a screenshot. I would be grateful if you could modify it to akopacsi, so I could go back to my old forum conversations.Képkivágás.PNG

Hi @akopacsi-temp,

That actually created a whole new account with the new username! Okay. Please leave this with me and I will report the issue. We're unable to merge accounts, but I will try to get the original account accessible if I can. If I can't, I will change the name on the original account and change the new account to the name you first had. Sound good?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

akopacsi-temp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! It'd be great.

Login to Me Too

JustinCh
Contributor
Contributor
What rate of ‘reversed transactions’ causes a permanent account limitation?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@JustinCh wrote:
What rate of ‘reversed transactions’ causes a permanent account limitation?

Hi @JustinCh,

Thank you for reaching out! I'm sorry that reversals are a concern for you. While I can't provide a specific rate, I can say that our teams do assess risk based on multiple factors, and there are a lot of those that come into play. Maintaining good selling practices is important for ensuring a good customer experience and to prevent loss that could be experienced by any involved party. Higher rates of reversals, especially if coupled with other issues, can indicate that the selling practices need improvement.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JustinCh
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry I didn’t specify. What rate of reversals on the buying side would cause a limitation. Ie why would my account be permanently limited because sellers either can’t fulfil their orders or because they’ve just outright tried to scam me and I’ve had to open claims (and won)? And why is it ok to limit my account for being scammed, but allow the scammers and unreliable sellers to keep theirs open?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@JustinCh wrote:
Sorry I didn’t specify. What rate of reversals on the buying side would cause a limitation. Ie why would my account be permanently limited because sellers either can’t fulfil their orders or because they’ve just outright tried to scam me and I’ve had to open claims (and won)? And why is it ok to limit my account for being scammed, but allow the scammers and unreliable sellers to keep theirs open?

Hi @JustinCh,

I'm sorry for the confusion, and I'm sorry to hear that your account is limited. If there was a significantly higher than normal rate of claims, PayPal might limit an account. PayPal assumes risk of loss when any purchase is made, and has to assess that level of risk on an individual basis from time to time. That may result in the inability to continue to use PayPal. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JustinCh
Contributor
Contributor
So it’s not high risk to let scammers keep on scamming using PayPal, but buyers that occasionally have to claim against dodgy sellers are high risk?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@JustinCh wrote:
So it’s not high risk to let scammers keep on scamming using PayPal, but buyers that occasionally have to claim against dodgy sellers are high risk?

Hi @JustinCh,

I understand your frustration. PayPal does investigate each dispute and also looks at volumes of disputes in aggregate. While we cannot disclose the outcome of our reviews, please know that we do take action when sellers have issues.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JustinCh
Contributor
Contributor
Well clearly not because I know of at least 2 scammers that are still selling using their PayPal account. Why won’t PayPal at least provide transparency? Or do certain PayPal staff take bribes from sellers like amazon staff have been caught doing?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.