PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, October 10th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

JaroslavBoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

The problem is that I can't call the number, And this is my only way to get my account back, I just have to get an email to change my password and it doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JaroslavBoi wrote:

Hello

The problem is that I can't call the number, And this is my only way to get my account back, I just have to get an email to change my password and it doesn't work.

Hey @JaroslavBoi,

That definitely sounds frustrating. 😞 If you're unable to contact us or complete the process yourself online, then you'll need to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter so we can see what options we have to assist.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Raulv2354
Contributor
Contributor

Hi my account was limited for me somehow violating the terms of service saying this - At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

I know that I didn't do anything wrong and there is no way for me to even fix the issue is there anyone or anybody I can talk to since I have returns and purchases that I need back. 

Reference ID: PP-007-394-651-641

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Raulv2354 wrote:

Hi my account was limited for me somehow violating the terms of service saying this - At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

I know that I didn't do anything wrong and there is no way for me to even fix the issue is there anyone or anybody I can talk to since I have returns and purchases that I need back. 

Reference ID: PP-007-394-651-641

Hi @Raulv2354,

I'm sorry to hear about the limitation. Typically, the information provided by email is the limit of what can be discussed regarding account issues. You can certainly reach out to customer support, however. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Raulv2354
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried that saying they were going to email me but nothing I need my account fixed asap is there anyone to directly contact?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Raulv2354 wrote:

I have tried that saying they were going to email me but nothing I need my account fixed asap is there anyone to directly contact?

Hi @Raulv2354,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received a reply. If the wait has been inordinately long, please consider one of the other contact options I supplied. I regret that there is not a direct method of contact. Every person's issue is important to us, and a queue is necessary to fairly respond to everyone who reaches out.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

JaroslavBoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I had tried contacting paypal on twitter 3 hours ago and they didn't send anything and on facebook I did the same and they weren't usefull.

I just need an email to reset my password :l

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JaroslavBoi wrote:

Hello

I had tried contacting paypal on twitter 3 hours ago and they didn't send anything and on facebook I did the same and they weren't usefull.

I just need an email to reset my password :l

@JaroslavBoi,

I understand the wait can be frustrating, however we work through our messages in the order they're received to keep a fair response time for everyone. Thanks for your patience while waiting, and they'll be with you as soon as they can!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

akopacsi-temp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a problem with a paypal-community account, I would be very grateful if you could fix it.

I have an account on this community website (username: akopacsi) and it's linked to my email address <removed>. I used that account to post on community forums and I still get notifications to that email address when I get new badges and when somebody comments to my posts, etc.

My problem is that when I try to log in with that email address the site wants me to set up a new username.

( I made this temporary account just to contact the admins. I'm sorry for sending this request on a public forum. )

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@akopacsi-temp wrote:

Hello, I have a problem with a paypal-community account, I would be very grateful if you could fix it.

I have an account on this community website (username: akopacsi) and it's linked to my email address <removed>. I used that account to post on community forums and I still get notifications to that email address when I get new badges and when somebody comments to my posts, etc.

My problem is that when I try to log in with that email address the site wants me to set up a new username.

( I made this temporary account just to contact the admins. I'm sorry for sending this request on a public forum. )

Hi @akopacsi-temp,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with your community forum account. I haven't heard of the prompt for a new username that you describe. What instructions does it give you for changing your username? I'll be happy to work with you to figure out what's happening and get your regular forum account working.

Please note that it's imperative that you follow the forum guidelines linked in the initial chat post and do not post email addresses, or even post them in such a way as to circumvent the filters that prevent the posting of a certain kind of information. We want to keep your information safe!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.