cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Closed

Highlighted
Moderator

PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Closed

Hey everybody!

 

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, October 10th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board. As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

 

How Community Chat works:

 

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

 

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy

 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time.

 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

 

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post. See you then!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
51 REPLIES
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open

Hi everybody!

 

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

 

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open

Hello! My account became limited and I have funds on it. I've been requested to provide SSN and Tax ID in order to remove limitations. 1. What if I don't have SSN but have a Tax ID? Could it be enough to remove limitations? 2. Let's suppose I will not provide both of these numbers? Can I get my funds (withdraw or transfer to another PP account)?
Tags (1)
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open


@TonyDuke wrote:
Hello! My account became limited and I have funds on it. I've been requested to provide SSN and Tax ID in order to remove limitations. 1. What if I don't have SSN but have a Tax ID? Could it be enough to remove limitations? 2. Let's suppose I will not provide both of these numbers? Can I get my funds (withdraw or transfer to another PP account)?

Hi @TonyDuke,

 

Great questions! Without knowing the specifics of your account limitation and why it was placed, I wouldn't be able to guarantee anything one way or the other. I always advise simply providing what you can, and we'll let you know if we need any additional information; but typically if you do not have an SSN, we would accept an ITIN or EIN instead. If you have more specific questions regarding what we're requesting or what we can accept in lieu of what's needed, please contact us or reach out on Facebook or Twitter so that we can assist further. Thank you!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open

@PayPal_AshleyM

 

I'm not sure about a reasot to the limitation. But it happen shortly after I registered accout and got some payments on it. I tried to make a withdraw to bank account but it became limited.

Could you please take a look at the point #2 at my question? Can I just get my money and close account without providing SSN and Tax ID?

 

Thank you!

Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open


@TonyDuke wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM

 

I'm not sure about a reasot to the limitation. But it happen shortly after I registered accout and got some payments on it. I tried to make a withdraw to bank account but it became limited.

Could you please take a look at the point #2 at my question? Can I just get my money and close account without providing SSN and Tax ID?

 

Thank you!


Hey @TonyDuke,

 

Of course! If your account is restricted and you don't provide the necessary information, any funds in the balance would be held for a minimum of 180 days. After that time passes, we'll email you to let you know what options you have to withdraw the balance. Hopefully this information helps!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open

@PayPal_AshleyM Thank you for providing contacts. But another issue I have is I can't rech out PayPal customer service. I been holding on phone line for 1h20mins about 15 times but nobody answered. I ordered call back but nobody called me back. I wrote emails but got no reply. I've tried to contact FB page but I got just auto answers from chat bot. And you know now it looks like PayPal is keeping my money and doesnt want to talk to me. My only contact point is you.

 

Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open


@TonyDuke wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM Thank you for providing contacts. But another issue I have is I can't rech out PayPal customer service. I been holding on phone line for 1h20mins about 15 times but nobody answered. I ordered call back but nobody called me back. I wrote emails but got no reply. I've tried to contact FB page but I got just auto answers from chat bot. And you know now it looks like PayPal is keeping my money and doesnt want to talk to me. My only contact point is you.

 


Hey @TonyDuke,

 

I understand that waiting to get through on the phone can take a while, and your patience is greatly appreciated. Our Facebook help bot is there to answer simple account questions. You can reply to the bot that you'd like to "Speak to an Agent" and it will put you through to our team so that we can give more specific help.

 

Regrettably, I wouldn't be able to provide any kind of account specific assistance over a public forum. Due to this, either waiting on the phone or working with one of our social media teams is the best option to move forward. I wish you the best of luck in getting everything resolved quickly!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Member

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open

Hello, I wanted to login on my paypal account after a year of no use but I forgot my password, I tried to reset my password but it always gives me this error: "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it’s you", now I am on my 2nd account and still can't get on my original.

Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - October 10, 2018 - Open


@JaroslavBoi wrote:

Hello, I wanted to login on my paypal account after a year of no use but I forgot my password, I tried to reset my password but it always gives me this error: "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it’s you", now I am on my 2nd account and still can't get on my original.


Hey @JaroslavBoi,

 

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. Smiley Sad In situations where you don't remember the password and you're unable to verify your identity online, the only way that we can assist is if you contact us. This allows us to verify you are the account holder, and assist with getting the password updated. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I hope the issue is able to be resolved soon!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.