PayPal Community Chat - May 9, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 9th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

@WODT wrote:

I am unable to login using the mobile app, I have called numerous times, only to be told someone will reach out to me.  Someone calls once and leaves the general number for a call back, my problem is unresolved.

I have also called in(I have this recorded with proof its your number) and had a tech start off with "this is beep boop beep boop technical service jeff speaking how can i help you" 3x then saying he cant hear me and hanging up(2x) the second time he got startled when I yelled into the mic and stopped talking mid sentence....

Want to hear it?

<removed>

Hi @WODT,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the experience that you're having trying to log in, and I'm definitely sorry to hear about the customer service experience that you report. I have removed the link in compliance with community guidelines, but I want to assure you that we do take this report seriously and I will follow up on the matter as soon as the chat is over.

I realize that you have probably done this, but I have to start with the basics. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? What phone operating system and version are you using? 

Olivia

Hi @WODT,

I wanted to follow up regarding the recording that you provided in your first post. I did listen to it and I heard the teammate who answered the phone state that you had called NetSpend, and further clarified that it was PayPal Prepaid customer service. This was repeated a few times, as the representative seemed unable to hear your side of the conversation. I'm sorry that there was any confusion about what the person said on the phone, and I am sorry to hear that you've been calling the customer service number for the Prepaid card, a partner team that would be unable to assist with problems involving the mobile app.

For a problem with the mobile app, you would want to try either the social media contact methods I suggested, or call the number that can be found by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page on a desktop web browser, then Contact customer service, then Call us, and then log in or click call as a guest. Any numbers obtained through other means run the risk of being either phishing numbers or numbers that would bring you to a team that does not specialize in the product that you're calling about.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

toxxic
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted customer service via email and got an automated response in my message center. However, I cannot reply. I keep getting a "Problem occurred in sending message." I have tried different browsers. From seeing other posts in the community, I am not the only one having this problem. I've never had problems in the past so this is new and very annoying. I do not want to have to call to get my issue sorted.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@toxxic wrote:

I contacted customer service via email and got an automated response in my message center. However, I cannot reply. I keep getting a "Problem occurred in sending message." I have tried different browsers. From seeing other posts in the community, I am not the only one having this problem. I've never had problems in the past so this is new and very annoying. I do not want to have to call to get my issue sorted.

Hi @toxxic,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty sending a message in the message center. If the problem is something that can be answered with general information, I'll be happy to assist here. If you do need account-specific support, the Twitter and Facebook options are alternatives to calling or emailing.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Atolos
New Community Member
Today paypal is refusing the payments İch have credit but is not working, i going nuts. Refuses without a reason...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@Atolos wrote:
Today paypal is refusing the payments İch have credit but is not working, i going nuts. Refuses without a reason...

Hi @Atolos!

I am so sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties. Are you attempting to make purchases using PayPal Credit or a personal debit or credit card? Unfortunately here on the Community Forums, we are unable to discuss account information, but I will be happy to give you PayPal Credit's information if this is the payment method you are attempting to use. 

If it is any other card, you may need to contact them directly to ask why the payment is being declined. I hope this helps and thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Iliam7

Hi, I've opened a dispute with a seller due to not receiving some virtual goods. His response on the dispute was simply 'go let paypal decide' and he refuses to cooperate. I cannot escalate to a claim until the 14th  so I feel like I'm just wasting days on a seller who clearly doesn't care to sort this.

I would like to please know what you recommend me to do as it wouldn't be ideal to wait until the 14th of May when he clearly won't change his mind. Would it be possible to escalate now?

Thanks,

Iliam.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Iliam7 wrote:

Hi, I've opened a dispute with a seller due to not receiving some virtual goods. His response on the dispute was simply 'go let paypal decide' and he refuses to cooperate. I cannot escalate to a claim until the 14th  so I feel like I'm just wasting days on a seller who clearly doesn't care to sort this.

I would like to please know what you recommend me to do as it wouldn't be ideal to wait until the 14th of May when he clearly won't change his mind. Would it be possible to escalate now?

Thanks,

Iliam.

Hi @Iliam7,

Thank you for joining the community chat! I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive your virtual item. I definitely understand wanting to see a resolution as quickly as possible. I regret that it is not possible to escalate the claim via the Resolution Center prior to the date the site reports. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

littlething
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am having trouble withdrawing money from my account to my debit card due to it wanting a security check via phone call or text.  I have a mobile number confirmed on my account but it is a work phone and not in my name so I cannot use it to complete the security check and I have no other options for verifying my identity.  Any thoughts on how I can remedy this issue?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@littlething wrote:

Hi, 

I am having trouble withdrawing money from my account to my debit card due to it wanting a security check via phone call or text.  I have a mobile number confirmed on my account but it is a work phone and not in my name so I cannot use it to complete the security check and I have no other options for verifying my identity.  Any thoughts on how I can remedy this issue?

Hi @littlething!

Oh no! On this one, you would really need to give us a call. Our phone teammates are able to verify that you are the account owner and assist you much better than we can here. To find the best number for your location, please follow the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page. I sincerely wish we could help more here. 😞 

Please, let me know if you have any other questions and thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday May 11 at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, May 16th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.