PayPal Community Chat - June 27, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 27th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

BestCucumber
Contributor
Contributor

hey, is there some representative for limited paypal accounts? Or could i talk to someone in dm to explain my problems.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@BestCucumber wrote:

hey, is there some representative for limited paypal accounts? Or could i talk to someone in dm to explain my problems.

Hi @BestCucumber,

I'm sorry to hear that you have a limited PayPal account. If you would like to reach out to customer support, you can click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page and then click Contact Us to see your contact options. Alternatively, you can reach out by DM on Twitter or PM on Facebook. If there's something that we can help with general information here, please let us know.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ajcurran94
Contributor
Contributor

I would like some answers regarding my account limitation and the lack of communication on PayPal's end. I've been in touch with CS over the phone already. They told me to contact the account review department. So I did. All I've gotten out of them is either automated responses, or someone is just spamming Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

I'd like to talk to a human and get to the bottom of what's going on.

There's been supposed fraudulent activity regarding my account. But I was never notified of any new logins or attempted transactions.

I've only ever taken payments from my father. And the two outgoing transactions in my account history are a bank withdrawal for $85 and a purchase for $192. $33 of which was refunded due to the bulb being out of stock at the time I placed my order and made the payment so they credited me for the express shipping.

I've got just under $200 in my account that was supposed to pay for my cat's vet appointment this week. And this week was already pushing it, I put it off once already.

I want to know why my account is limited, and who the heck I can talk to regarding it that will do more than copy and paste a generic message.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@ajcurran94 wrote:

I would like some answers regarding my account limitation and the lack of communication on PayPal's end. I've been in touch with CS over the phone already. They told me to contact the account review department. So I did. All I've gotten out of them is either automated responses, or someone is just spamming Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

I'd like to talk to a human and get to the bottom of what's going on.

There's been supposed fraudulent activity regarding my account. But I was never notified of any new logins or attempted transactions.

I've only ever taken payments from my father. And the two outgoing transactions in my account history are a bank withdrawal for $85 and a purchase for $192. $33 of which was refunded due to the bulb being out of stock at the time I placed my order and made the payment so they credited me for the express shipping.

I've got just under $200 in my account that was supposed to pay for my cat's vet appointment this week. And this week was already pushing it, I put it off once already.

I want to know why my account is limited, and who the heck I can talk to regarding it that will do more than copy and paste a generic message.

Hi @ajcurran94,

I'm very sorry to hear about the limitation. I understand how not having access to your funds is frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience. If you want to speak directly about the limitation and your account, it would probably be best to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter, as we wouldn't want you to provide your information over a public forum. Hopefully we're able to resolve the specific issue there, and get everything squared away!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ajcurran94
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyMthe Facebook support is yet another robot. And it doesn't even give you the option to talk about account limitations. Twitter just gets no response.

I want emails or phone numbers for these "back office" teams that are supposedly in charge of account limitation appeals. Because the emails that CS gave me over the phone got me nothing but automated responses. As far as I'm concerned they're no better than the bots.

Speaking of which, I'm not entirely convinced that you aren't one yourself seeing how fast you were to copy and paste the same generic response to me that you JUST gave another user asking questions.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@ajcurran94 wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyMthe Facebook support is yet another robot. And it doesn't even give you the option to talk about account limitations. Twitter just gets no response.

I want emails or phone numbers for these "back office" teams that are supposedly in charge of account limitation appeals. Because the emails that CS gave me over the phone got me nothing but automated responses. As far as I'm concerned they're no better than the bots.

Speaking of which, I'm not entirely convinced that you aren't one yourself seeing how fast you were to copy and paste the same generic response to me that you JUST gave another user asking questions.

Hey @ajcurran94,

I can see how it would seem like I'm a bot (uh oh, that's something a bot would say...), but the reason our responses were similar is because resolving specific limitations issues isn't something that can be done over the community forum. 

Regarding the Facebook chat bot, it's there for simple requests and problems. In situations where the help bot isn't able to resolve your issue, you can reply with "Chat with an Agent" and that will send you through to one of our teammates here. I understand this has been an unfortunate experience, and I hope we can correct any outstanding issues.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

BestCucumber
Contributor
Contributor

Well yea basically everytime i contact someone from PayPal. "Decision is final" Even its a completely wrong one. just giving a copypaste answer, nice.

Just sad, even i couldve explain everything. Same problem for the guy above it seems 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@BestCucumber wrote:

Well yea basically everytime i contact someone from PayPal. "Decision is final" Even its a completely wrong one. just giving a copypaste answer, nice.

Just sad, even i couldve explain everything. Same problem for the guy above it seems 🙂

Hi @BestCucumber,

I'm very sorry to hear about that. A limitation is very frustrating and I can understand how that frustration would be compounded by not knowing all the specifics of the review process that made that determination. I regret that we can't share any details about the review process for security reasons. If you've reached out to customer support and the decision to permanently limit the account has been upheld even after your request for appeal, the decision would be considered final.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.