PayPal Community Chat - June 27, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 27th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

PayPal_AshleyM

@LukeDouglas2 wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@LukeDouglas2 wrote:

I need the ability to setup recurring charges that can charge an individual whether he has a PayPal account or does not have a PayPal account using a card number.  Is this possible?

Hi @LukeDouglas2,

Great question! That feature is called Enhanced Recurring Payments, and here are the steps to sign up:

1. Click Tools.
2. Click Open Recurring Payments.
3. Under “Related Items” click on Sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments.
4. Read the terms and conditions and click Agree and Continue.

Once you sign up, it should give details of setting up the recurring payments. If you run into any issues, please reach out to our MTS Community for help in getting everything set up and functioning. 🙂

Ashley,  Thanks for the reply.

In following up on this Recurring Payments, can it be setup on a schedule, ie: some monthly, some quarterly, some annually?  I have clients that pay me various times during the year.  Some pay with PayPal, some with credit cards, some with debit cards.  I'm trying to get everything setup online so I don't have to deal with U.S. Mail.

Hey @LukeDouglas2,

I apologize, but I wouldn't have the specifics regarding scheduling things in that way. Our MTS Community is there to help with issues like Recurring Payments and APIs, so your best bet would be to reach out to them to see if that's something that our system is capable of doing. I hope everything works out how you need! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Spotty1
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered THE REVOLUTIONARY 4G 9" Dash Cam Car Camera DVR GPS Bluetooth Dual Lens Rearview Mirror Video Recorder Full HD 1080P Automobile DVR Mirror, but received the Dual Lens HD 1080P 4.3" Car DVR Dash Cam Rearview Mirror Camera Video Recorder. After ordering, contact them about the shipment and get a reply within 5 hours. When receiving the wrong item, contact them and no one reply ...

Open the claim and Paypal got the response from the seller but I did not see what do they say:

ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED has provided a response to the claim you filed against them. We are reviewing the facts of the case and will carefully consider all the material before making a decision. We will let you know if we require additional information from you, and will contact you via email when a decision has been reached.  

Transaction Details

Case number: PP-007-031-580-956

Seller's name: ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED

Seller's transaction ID: 994705698W267753G

Transaction amount: -$53.99 USD

Transaction date: May 26, 2018

Your transaction ID: 82184369W5920972F

So what do I need to do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Spotty1 wrote:

I ordered THE REVOLUTIONARY 4G 9" Dash Cam Car Camera DVR GPS Bluetooth Dual Lens Rearview Mirror Video Recorder Full HD 1080P Automobile DVR Mirror, but received the Dual Lens HD 1080P 4.3" Car DVR Dash Cam Rearview Mirror Camera Video Recorder. After ordering, contact them about the shipment and get a reply within 5 hours. When receiving the wrong item, contact them and no one reply ...

Open the claim and Paypal got the response from the seller but I did not see what do they say:

ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED has provided a response to the claim you filed against them. We are reviewing the facts of the case and will carefully consider all the material before making a decision. We will let you know if we require additional information from you, and will contact you via email when a decision has been reached.  

Transaction Details

Case number: PP-007-031-580-956

Seller's name: ZG TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED

Seller's transaction ID: 994705698W267753G

Transaction amount: -$53.99 USD

Transaction date: May 26, 2018

Your transaction ID: 82184369W5920972F

So what do I need to do?

Hi @Spotty1,

I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with the product you ordered! If the claim is currently being reviewed, please wait for the instructions that will come when that review is complete. It may be that the review will find the case in your favor, pending your return of the product. If that occurs, please make sure to follow the return instructions carefully, to ensure that a refund will be able to be granted.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kiatoiv

Hi!

I tried to transfer money from my bank account to my Pay Pal account, using the Trustly instant top up, but the money hasn't arrived and it's been over two hours. The money is no longer on my bank account either, though. I haven't really used PayPal before and now I'm worried that I lost my money.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@kiatoiv wrote:

Hi!

I tried to transfer money from my bank account to my Pay Pal account, using the Trustly instant top up, but the money hasn't arrived and it's been over two hours. The money is no longer on my bank account either, though. I haven't really used PayPal before and now I'm worried that I lost my money.

Hi @kiatoiv,

Oh no! Missing funds are definitely a concern. Top Up transactions can be delayed due to your name not matching between your PayPal and your bank account. If this is the case, the transfer will likely be rejected and you'll need to change your name on one platform or the other. If this isn't the case, I would advise waiting to see if the funds transfer within 24 hours, and if they don't arrive, contact us directly so that we can investigate and trace the transaction.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

zsalshk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I am unable to withdraw funds or transfer it to my linked bank account. There seems to be a technical error: it says use classical site instead. However, I am also unable to withdraw money from the Classic site.

1) My account is now more than 24 hours old.
2) I have my bank account linked and confirmed

Please Advice
Regards
zsalshk

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@zsalshk wrote:

Hello

I am unable to withdraw funds or transfer it to my linked bank account. There seems to be a technical error: it says use classical site instead. However, I am also unable to withdraw money from the Classic site.

1) My account is now more than 24 hours old.
2) I have my bank account linked and confirmed

Please Advice
Regards
zsalshk

Hi @zsalshk,

I'm sorry to hear about the error you're encountering trying to withdraw. I regret that I would not be able to troubleshoot any account-specific issues. Please reach out to customer support to allow them to look into what's going on. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

sarahfraserxox
Contributor
Contributor

I'm withdrawing to a bank account and it says it's pending, when I click on it it says "There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Center to view status." When I go to the Resolution Center there is no dispute anywhere.. I never opened a dispute and a support agent over the phone is the one who made the withdrawal at my request since my account had some security issues.

Should I be worried? Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@sarahfraserxox wrote:

I'm withdrawing to a bank account and it says it's pending, when I click on it it says "There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Center to view status." When I go to the Resolution Center there is no dispute anywhere.. I never opened a dispute and a support agent over the phone is the one who made the withdrawal at my request since my account had some security issues.

Should I be worried? Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks

Hey @sarahfraserxox,

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear your account had security issues and that the withdrawal is pending. 😞 If the withdrawal was initiated by one of our teammates, it's probably just going through our accounting team to be initiated. The pending status means that it's still being worked through our system and hasn't quite left. I'm not sure about the dispute note, as disputes can't be filed against withdrawals. More than likely, that's a clerical error. If you don't see the status of the withdrawal change within 24-48 hours, please contact us so that we can look into it directly and ensure the issue is resolved.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Md2llih
I am in the U.S. and won an ebay item located in France. The seller accepts checks or wire transfer to his bank. Can I transfer to his bank thru paypal, & if so, exactly how do I do this?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.