PayPal Community Chat - June 27, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 27th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

PayPal_Olivia

@pollypolly wrote:

Thanks. The answer is yes to both. However, I verified the account a few hours after I received the notification email. I assume I should see the payment by now - it has been two days. Also, I tested by having someone send me a small amount and that showed up immediately. What could have caused this? I received a reminder email today from PayPal that I have not yet claimed the money that I am referencing. Shouldn't that mean that it was actually sent...? Thanks so much.

Hi @pollypolly,

If you confirmed the email address after the payment was sent, it should become visible unless there is something wrong. There was a technical issue to this effect a month or so ago, but from all accounts that appears resolved. Is the unclaimed payment email absolutely from PayPal? You can read about identifying spoof emails here

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GoodGuy13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I want to ask about a Problem in "Reporting a Problem in Resolution Center"

I am a new community member, even though has been buying for many years.  I have never been to resolution center before.

When I went to resolution center, Report a Problem, Select transaction, Received damaged goods, amount of refund, and after putting in all the details about my prior communication with the seller, I clicked on "Submit". At that point, the screen just "gray out" and locked. The only thing I can do is to close the tab, or to use the browser key to back out to previous session.

I have repeated above process for at least 5 times, between last night and today, all with same results.

Going back to the first page showed that my submission was never received (no case #).

I also tried the above procedure just now on another computer which has never been logged onto paypal before, with the same result (this one running w7 32bit).  All I get is a rotating wheel at the bottom, until I forcibly shut it down after half an hour later.

What should be the normal response on "submit".  What should I expect next?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@GoodGuy13 wrote:

Hi I want to ask about a Problem in "Reporting a Problem in Resolution Center"

I am a new community member, even though has been buying for many years.  I have never been to resolution center before.

When I went to resolution center, Report a Problem, Select transaction, Received damaged goods, amount of refund, and after putting in all the details about my prior communication with the seller, I clicked on "Submit". At that point, the screen just "gray out" and locked. The only thing I can do is to close the tab, or to use the browser key to back out to previous session.

I have repeated above process for at least 5 times, between last night and today, all with same results.

Going back to the first page showed that my submission was never received (no case #).

I also tried the above procedure just now on another computer which has never been logged onto paypal before, with the same result (this one running w7 32bit).  All I get is a rotating wheel at the bottom, until I forcibly shut it down after half an hour later.

What should be the normal response on "submit".  What should I expect next?

Hi @GoodGuy13,

Yikes! That's no good! That definitely sounds like a technical issue. Are you pasting in more characters than the box allows? If so, please try summarizing the information a bit, and putting in only what can be accepted. To report a technical issue that cannot be solved by reducing the amount that you put in the box, please reach out to customer support. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

medwardsva

I received this email a few hours ago after an item I had bought shipped.

"Your bank has declined the funds transfer because your account did not have sufficient funds available. We will automatically re-attempt this transfer in 3 business days. Please fund your bank account immediately to ensure this transaction can be completed.This may happen even if you’ve tried to add money to your PayPal account since the payment was authorized, or your recipient has refunded your payment. Be aware that if a payment is rejected due to insufficient funds, your bank may charge a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee."

I'm confused because I already paid the person selling this item and they wouldn't have shipped it if I didn't already pay them. Paypal even says it was an immediate transaction right after I bought this thing on the 23rd. I just cancelled my bank account yesterday, because I'm switching to another bank. I don't know if this is an error or something, but it's worrying me because I haven't switched yet and it says I already paid them. I saw several posts about this but none of them answered the problem of having already paid for something and receiving this email days later.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@medwardsva wrote:

I received this email a few hours ago after an item I had bought shipped.

"Your bank has declined the funds transfer because your account did not have sufficient funds available. We will automatically re-attempt this transfer in 3 business days. Please fund your bank account immediately to ensure this transaction can be completed.This may happen even if you’ve tried to add money to your PayPal account since the payment was authorized, or your recipient has refunded your payment. Be aware that if a payment is rejected due to insufficient funds, your bank may charge a non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee."

I'm confused because I already paid the person selling this item and they wouldn't have shipped it if I didn't already pay them. Paypal even says it was an immediate transaction right after I bought this thing on the 23rd. I just cancelled my bank account yesterday, because I'm switching to another bank. I don't know if this is an error or something, but it's worrying me because I haven't switched yet and it says I already paid them. I saw several posts about this but none of them answered the problem of having already paid for something and receiving this email days later.

Hi @medwardsva,

I'm sorry for any confusion, and I am happy to clarify.

When you send an Instant Transfer, PayPal pays the seller up front for you while the request to your bank is processed in the background. In a situation like the one you describe where the bank declines the payment for insufficient funds available, the funding is requested again a few days later, to give you time to fund your bank to cover the transfer. If the payment fails again, the backup payment method will be used. If that fails, the balance will become negative. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

medwardsva

Should I contact the bank then or would it work if I linked the new bank to my paypal account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@medwardsva wrote:

Should I contact the bank then or would it work if I linked the new bank to my paypal account?

Hi @medwardsva,

Great question! Changing banks on your PayPal account won't change which bank was utilized for the transaction. The subsequent attempt will still be made using the original bank. If you believe that the bank account in question should have had the funds to cover the transaction, it would definitely be something you would want to ask your bank's support about. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

LukeDouglas2
Contributor
Contributor

I need the ability to setup recurring charges that can charge an individual whether he has a PayPal account or does not have a PayPal account using a card number.  Is this possible?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@LukeDouglas2 wrote:

I need the ability to setup recurring charges that can charge an individual whether he has a PayPal account or does not have a PayPal account using a card number.  Is this possible?

Hi @LukeDouglas2,

Great question! That feature is called Enhanced Recurring Payments, and here are the steps to sign up:

1. Click Tools.
2. Click Open Recurring Payments.
3. Under “Related Items” click on Sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments.
4. Read the terms and conditions and click Agree and Continue.

Once you sign up, it should give details of setting up the recurring payments. If you run into any issues, please reach out to our MTS Community for help in getting everything set up and functioning. 🙂

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

LukeDouglas2
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@LukeDouglas2 wrote:

Hi @LukeDouglas2,

Great question! That feature is called Enhanced Recurring Payments, and here are the steps to sign up:

1. Click Tools.
2. Click Open Recurring Payments.
3. Under “Related Items” click on Sign up for Enhanced Recurring Payments.
4. Read the terms and conditions and click Agree and Continue.

Once you sign up, it should give details of setting up the recurring payments. If you run into any issues, please reach out to our MTS Community for help in getting everything set up and functioning. 🙂

Ashley,  Thanks for the reply.

In following up on this Recurring Payments, can it be setup on a schedule, ie: some monthly, some quarterly, some annually?  I have clients that pay me various times during the year.  Some pay with PayPal, some with credit cards, some with debit cards.  I'm trying to get everything setup online so I don't have to deal with U.S. Mail.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.