PayPal Community Chat - June 27, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 27th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

ajcurran94
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I don't get. PayPal "can't tell me why" they're holding my money hostage. Yet they think they're legally entitled to. If they refuse my appeal again I'll actually be glad. Because when the time comes and the judge forces their hand, they'll be found to be in the wrong. And they'll be paying for it. Why release my $200 to me so that I can take my cat to the vet when they can be shady as **bleep** about it and get taken to court which will result in a $2M lawsuit.

Make my day.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@ajcurran94 wrote:

This is what I don't get. PayPal "can't tell me why" they're holding my money hostage. Yet they think they're legally entitled to. If they refuse my appeal again I'll actually be glad. Because when the time comes and the judge forces their hand, they'll be found to be in the wrong. And they'll be paying for it. Why release my $200 to me so that I can take my cat to the vet when they can be shady as **bleep** about it and get taken to court which will result in a $2M lawsuit.

Make my day.

@ajcurran94,

If I had more information to provide here, I would. That definitely isn't the experience we want for our customers, and I hope that getting in touch with us over Facebook chat can help get the issue resolved. 

Please keep in mind our Community Guidelines, as multiple violations of these guidelines will result in an inability to post in this forum. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ajcurran94
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM

You at least have access to a knowledge base a directory. I know that much. So what I want from you is contact information for the proper departments. Because their emails don't get you anywhere. I've emailed aup and gotten 0 response. I've also emailed compliance and only gotten automated/copy paste responses.

I want phone numbers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@ajcurran94 wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM

You at least have access to a knowledge base a directory. I know that much. So what I want from you is contact information for the proper departments. Because their emails don't get you anywhere. I've emailed aup and gotten 0 response. I've also emailed compliance and only gotten automated/copy paste responses.

I want phone numbers.

@ajcurran94,

That's not information I'm going to be able to provide on a public form. I apologize again, and understand how upsetting this has been, but the only way to reach us is either by Facebook, Twitter, or by clicking "Help & Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page and using the options it provides there to reach us. As you said you were having trouble on Twitter, please refer back to my post about the Facebook bot. This should get you through to one of our agents for assistance.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

BestCucumber
Contributor
Contributor

Yea okay i finally reached someone. He appealed the decision for me with additional information.. wow thats just PayPal. First telling me its definetely final, well than all of a sudden when you go to reach some other people and twitter, its working or what.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@BestCucumber wrote:

Yea okay i finally reached someone. He appealed the decision for me with additional information.. wow thats just PayPal. First telling me its definetely final, well than all of a sudden when you go to reach some other people and twitter, its working or what.

Hi @BestCucumber,

I'm very glad to hear that it worked out for you! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ajcurran94
Contributor
Contributor

It's **bleep** if you ask me. I don't care if it's my use of a VPN and a shared IP address that's linking my account to another account somewhere else in the world somehow, or maybe it is one of the two accounts that i've sent/received payments from. Even if they are found to be in violation of the acceptable use policy, that shouldn't affect me just because I've received a payment or sent a payment to them. What they do is their business. It's not my problem.

If they actually had humans working for PayPal this wouldn't be a problem. They could easily take a look at MY account history and see that I'm not in breach of any policies. I've read their policies.

They forced my hand. I already sent the subpoena to their head office in CA.

I want **bleep**ing answers. And PayPal is being held liable this time. They'll be covering any vet visits to come for the foreseeable future.

Login to Me Too

pollypolly

Hi, I've received 2 emails from PayPal that funds have been transferred to my business account from a customer. The customer has confirmed the transfer, so it is not spam. When I click to claim the amount, it simply does not show in the account. How many days could it take for amount to show? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@pollypolly wrote:

Hi, I've received 2 emails from PayPal that funds have been transferred to my business account from a customer. The customer has confirmed the transfer, so it is not spam. When I click to claim the amount, it simply does not show in the account. How many days could it take for amount to show? Thanks.

Hi @pollypolly,

I'm sorry to hear that your received payments are not showing in your activity! Is your email address confirmed on your account? Is the currency that the payment is sent in an available currency in your account? If both of those answers are yes, then a payment would show in your activity if it were actually sent. If one or both of the answers is no, then those items will need to be rectified in order to see the payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

pollypolly

Thanks. The answer is yes to both. However, I verified the account a few hours after I received the notification email. I assume I should see the payment by now - it has been two days. Also, I tested by having someone send me a small amount and that showed up immediately. What could have caused this? I received a reminder email today from PayPal that I have not yet claimed the money that I am referencing. Shouldn't that mean that it was actually sent...? Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.