PayPal Community Chat - June 20, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 20th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

and-and-end
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just need some clarification on the 2500 euro/equivalent yearly receiving limit. Do the limits apply to a calendar year or is it a rolling-12-month balance?  A couple of months ago I was getting notifications that I was close to the limit but in the last couple of weeks I received a refund through PayPal but didn't get any warnings, and all notifications about it had gone when I signed in to my account.  

I want to sell a couple of things on eBay but if it is indeed a rolling 12-month balance then I'm worried my account will get locked despite that refunded payment going through fine. However, if it applies to the calendar year then I shouldn't have got any warnings in the first place.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@and-and-end wrote:

Hi, just need some clarification on the 2500 euro/equivalent yearly receiving limit. Do the limits apply to a calendar year or is it a rolling-12-month balance?  A couple of months ago I was getting notifications that I was close to the limit but in the last couple of weeks I received a refund through PayPal but didn't get any warnings, and all notifications about it had gone when I signed in to my account.  

I want to sell a couple of things on eBay but if it is indeed a rolling 12-month balance then I'm worried my account will get locked despite that refunded payment going through fine. However, if it applies to the calendar year then I shouldn't have got any warnings in the first place.

Hey @and-and-end,

Great question! The receiving limit is on a rolling 12-month time frame, based on when you received your first payment. If you can find the date of your original payment in your account, this will show when your rolling 12 months will reset. Hopefully, this means that you've passed the threshold! 🙂 I hope this helps, and good luck with your eBay sales.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

and-and-end
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@and-and-end wrote:

Hey @and-and-end,

Great question! The receiving limit is on a rolling 12-month time frame, based on when you received your first payment. If you can find the date of your original payment in your account, this will show when your rolling 12 months will reset. Hopefully, this means that you've passed the threshold! 🙂 I hope this helps, and good luck with your eBay sales.

- Ashley M

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the exact date I received my first payment - I can only go as far back as 2015 on my Activity page and I'm almost certain my first payment would have been before then. Is there any other way of finding the date out?

If not, I will take the lack of notifications as a sign that the date passed recently. Thanks again for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@and-and-end wrote:

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

@and-and-end wrote:

Hey @and-and-end,

- Ashley M

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the exact date I received my first payment - I can only go as far back as 2015 on my Activity page and I'm almost certain my first payment would have been before then. Is there any other way of finding the date out?

If not, I will take the lack of notifications as a sign that the date passed recently. Thanks again for your help.

Hey @and-and-end,

Not to worry! The history that you can see within your account is limited to only a few years, but you can contact us over the phone, on Facebook, or on Twitter, and we can help in locating that information. 🙂

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

nnylg808
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there;

My PayPal account was taken over/hijacked in early May 2018, and it took me two weeks to discover this had happened.

By the time I was able to correct the problem, a number of transactions had been made, totaling in the thousands of dollars.

I am now being help responsible for paying for these transactions, which were made while my account was in the control of a hijacker.

What recourse do I have to correct this problem, and recover the stolen funds?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@nnylg808 wrote:

Hi there;

My PayPal account was taken over/hijacked in early May 2018, and it took me two weeks to discover this had happened.

By the time I was able to correct the problem, a number of transactions had been made, totaling in the thousands of dollars.

I am now being help responsible for paying for these transactions, which were made while my account was in the control of a hijacker.

What recourse do I have to correct this problem, and recover the stolen funds?

Hi @nnylg808,

Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that your account was compromised, and that there were unauthorized charges. That's definitely a concern! When it comes to unauthorized activity, if PayPal can determine that the activity was indeed fraudulent, we will cover you for all the unauthorized transactions during that time. If you haven't, please change your password using the steps here. You can report the unauthorized activity using the details here. Once you file the report, we'll investigate and get back to you within 10 business days. I apologize for any inconvenience, but hopefully this is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

StevenHermans
Contributor
Contributor
About the infamous 10417 issue: I can’t pay anywhere online without getting this error during checkout. I contacted my bank 3x now, nothing is wrong with my bank account or credit card. They guaranteed me the problem is with PayPal, and that PayPal is rejecting payments, not the bank itself. I know for a fact this is a security issue with Paypal. I’ve been in contact with you guys for weeks now, and other then automated mails (which proved useless) and looooong phone calls, i’m still nowhere closer to a solution. So please, personally look into my issue and don’t send me automated replies, because i’ve literally seen them all the past weeks!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@StevenHermans wrote:
About the infamous 10417 issue: I can’t pay anywhere online without getting this error during checkout. I contacted my bank 3x now, nothing is wrong with my bank account or credit card. They guaranteed me the problem is with PayPal, and that PayPal is rejecting payments, not the bank itself. I know for a fact this is a security issue with Paypal. I’ve been in contact with you guys for weeks now, and other then automated mails (which proved useless) and looooong phone calls, i’m still nowhere closer to a solution. So please, personally look into my issue and don’t send me automated replies, because i’ve literally seen them all the past weeks!!!

Hi @StevenHermans,

I'm sorry to hear about the error you're encountering when trying to check out! Sometimes it's difficult to discern what the issue is, even with an error code, because the codes can indicate a wide range of issues. Please take a look at all the possibilities in this article. If those have been exhausted, make sure that the address on your payment method matches in PayPal and at your bank. Sometimes a discrepancy as minor as the abbreviation of st versus street can throw things off.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.