PayPal Community Chat - June 15, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Friday, June 15th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 4pm GMT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

emily0100
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I withdrew money from my pay pal to my current bank account which is still pending. But my name on my pay pal is slightly different to the one on my bank account. I need my money asap but wanted to know if this is why the money is still pending?? Not sure what to do

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Welcome to the community @emily0100,

Don't worry, this sounds to be a standard review. Withdrawals can take anything from 2-72 hrs to complete. You should find some additional information on the process Here.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

emily0100
Contributor
Contributor

Don't need to change my PayPal name or anything then ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

If you have a withdrawal pending, please allow the 72 hours to pass first @emily0100. After, we would suggest making sure your name is correct. You can submit a request to change the name on your Personal/ Premier PayPal account for a typographical error or a legal name change (marriage, divorce, legal). We’re unable to change the name on a PayPal account to a different person's name. To start the process click on 'Update' next to your name in the 'Settings' section of your PayPal account.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

MrWilsonS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have a client who always makes his payment via PayPal. Recently he is not paying for the goods we have given him and we have all the tracking numbers to prove that he has received all of our items.

What are the steps that I can take to have him pay us? Can I send an invoice or such and make a dispute?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @MrWilsonS,

Sorry to hear this. We would not recommend sending any items or providing any services until you see the relevant payment in your PayPal account. You can certainly send an invoice, you should find all of the information you need Here. You are unable to open a dispute as such for an item/service you have not been paid for. I hope you get to the bottom of this with your buyer directly. 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

MrWilsonS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Kindly correct me. What i'm getting from the response is PayPal cannot do anything to penalize the buyer who did not pay?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

If you have sent the item before being paid then I am afraid we cannot force someone to pay you @MrWilsonS. See our Seller Protection Policy Here.

Sorry this was not the answer you were hoping for, 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

MrWilsonS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have a client who always makes his payment via PayPal. Recently he is not paying for the goods we have given him and we have all the tracking numbers to prove that he has received all of our items.

What are the steps that I can take to have him pay us? Can I send an invoice or such and make a dispute?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.