PayPal Community Chat - July 6, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Friday, July 6th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 4pm GMT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Last June 29, I received a email from paypal that a chargeback case was resolved in my favor and the money on hold was reimbursed or released. But up to now, the amount has still not been released as I still have a negative balance and there was no reimbursement. I also checked the transaction affected by the case, it's still marked as "temporary on hold". Normally, how long does a reimbursement happen and why is it still marked as temporarily on hold? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @gemincy,

Welcome to our Community!

It should really have quite soon after the decision has been made, no later than 72 hours if a credit for a large amount needs to be issued. I would suggest you contact our Customer Support directly through your account. We cannot provide any account specific information on this platform for security and data protection reasons. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Are there alternatives to contacting customer support aside from calling? I live in another country and doing a long distance call is a option I am trying to avoid. I tried emailing but customer support under "the negative balance" sub-heading / topic but all I got is a non-answer and essentially a copy & paste of the FAQs.

Login to Me Too

Phoenix_726
Contributor
Contributor
Ebay has a toll free number..
Login to Me Too

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully I am assuming correctly that you are trying to answer my query. If not, apologies. But ebay's toll-free number won't help as this isn't a Ebay transaction and the issue is with paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @gemincy,

I would suggest you choose another topic when contacting us through the secure Message Centre. As this is a chargeback issue, it would come under disputes and claims. 

Martin

Login to Me Too

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

xjonaskylex

ADDING BANK ACCOUNT ERROR

I'm trying to add my bank account to withdraw my funds but paypal just won't let me, it keeps saying We're unable to process your bank account registration at this tme. We apologize for inconvenience. Please try again at a later date. 

I've been trying to add it for 3 days now but no luck, i tried messaging paypal, DMing via twitter but i always get automated response. I would call if i can because i need my money ASAP but I'm from the Philippines . I really need help 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

HI @xjonaskylex,

There are a few reasons why you would receive that message when adding your bank account. if could be our security blocking you, so please make sure you are using a secure log in location and not using any VPN's. It could be that if the bank has been used before on your actual or another account or there was a failed bank transaction in the past which would lead to the bank account being blocked.

I would suggest contacting our Customer Support, you try again using the Message Centre or call them and maybe use an internet call provider to reduce the cost of the call.

Please note we cannot provide account specific assistance on this platform for security reasons.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.