PayPal Community Chat - July 4, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 4th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

maurog_426

Hi. I have a friend who's trying to recover her password but PayPal is asking security questions that she never set. She's trying to change the password because when she tried to log in today it said that the password was incorrect, when she actually logged in yesterday, so maybe her account got hacked or something, but she can't do anything because of the security questions. What can we do in this situation?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@maurog_426 wrote:

Hi. I have a friend who's trying to recover her password but PayPal is asking security questions that she never set. She's trying to change the password because when she tried to log in today it said that the password was incorrect, when she actually logged in yesterday, so maybe her account got hacked or something, but she can't do anything because of the security questions. What can we do in this situation?

Hey @maurog_426,

If she's unable to get through the forgot password options, the only thing left would be to reach out to us directly so that we can help. She can go to "Help & Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, visit our Twitter page, or our Facebook page to get in touch with us. If the account has been compromised, we'll want her to ensure the account is resecured as soon as possible!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

MegfromMA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! I'm trying to remove 2 super old bank account's from my wallet. They are no longer open. I'm getting the following error message: "Sorry, you can’t remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." Any idea how to fix this? Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MegfromMA wrote:

Hi there! I'm trying to remove 2 super old bank account's from my wallet. They are no longer open. I'm getting the following error message: "Sorry, you can’t remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." Any idea how to fix this? Thanks. 

Hi @MegfromMA,

That definitely sounds frustrating - when this happens, it can sometimes be related to an old order or authorization that was never voided, or if the banks are being used as backup payment methods for active purchases. If it's related to an old purchase, the only way to get it removed would be to reach out to us using "Help & Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, Twitter, or Facebook so that we can help get this resolved. 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

MegfromMA
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@MegfromMA wrote:

Thank you! 

@MegfromMA,

You're welcome! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by chat today, have a great 4th!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

emile_s
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.
I bought an item on eBay (paid with a debit card) and it came broken. The seller made a refund on 12 June and I get an email about it. Today is 4 July and the refund is not in my card. Contacted PayPal help and automatic answers did not help.
Also, contacted eBay live help and they say "Seller has issued with full refund but since it was a guest account you are not able to access the funds. You just need to contact PayPal customer support and provide them transaction ID and they will help you to confirm your guest PayPal account. Once your guest account is confirmed, you will be able to locate the refund." There is a problem - I can't call customer support. Is there any other way?
It's not my first refund. There was no problems earlier, refunds reached me after few days. What is wrong now? What should I do?
Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@emile_s wrote:

Hello.
I bought an item on eBay (paid with a debit card) and it came broken. The seller made a refund on 12 June and I get an email about it. Today is 4 July and the refund is not in my card. Contacted PayPal help and automatic answers did not help.
Also, contacted eBay live help and they say "Seller has issued with full refund but since it was a guest account you are not able to access the funds. You just need to contact PayPal customer support and provide them transaction ID and they will help you to confirm your guest PayPal account. Once your guest account is confirmed, you will be able to locate the refund." There is a problem - I can't call customer support. Is there any other way?
It's not my first refund. There was no problems earlier, refunds reached me after few days. What is wrong now? What should I do?
Thank you.

Hi @emile_s,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the refund. Based on what you've said, it sounds like you paid with a card through guest checkout.

Was it a debit or a credit card? If it was a credit card, the refund usually processes within 3-5 business days, but it can take up to 30 days to reflect on your card's balance.

If it was with a debit card, it's possible the card was part of the STAR network. These cards do not accept refunds, and the funds would have gotten stuck in the guest account when they were refunded. In these situations, the best option would be to contact us, as you were advised; however, you can always contact us on Facebook or Twitter if you're not able to reach us over the phone. Hopefully this issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.