PayPal Community Chat - July 25, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 25th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PatMc64
Contributor
Contributor
Using Wish App when selecting payment with PayPal, when logging into PayPal there is no option to pay using balance - it does not not show it as an option, only shows select one of the accounts or cards associated. I keep a balance so I can apply to Wish purchases. Why is this no longer an option? I’ve tried several times.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@PatMc64 wrote:
Using Wish App when selecting payment with PayPal, when logging into PayPal there is no option to pay using balance - it does not not show it as an option, only shows select one of the accounts or cards associated. I keep a balance so I can apply to Wish purchases. Why is this no longer an option? I’ve tried several times.

Hey @PatMc64,

That definitely sounds frustrating, and I apologize for the inconvenience. 😞 There are times with some payments we process that we are unable to allow some payment methods to be used. This is due to our internal security running a check for the transaction, and finding an issue which doesn't allow it to be completed. In these cases, the only option is to choose a different payment method. I understand this isn't how you're intending to use the account. This is typically not an ongoing issue, and if you need to make the purchase immediately, you could withdraw the amount in your balance to your bank to cover the debit. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

x-manager

Hello my account limited, i do not own that secnd account that you mentoined in resolution case..

Please remove my limitation

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@x-manager wrote:

Hello my account limited, i do not own that secnd account that you mentoined in resolution case..

Please remove my limitation

Hey @x-manager,

When accounts are limited, we usually require documents or verification to have them resolved. If we mentioned another account that you don't own or are not associated with, you'll need to contact us so that we can ensure the issue is addressed. You can also reach us on Facebook or Twitter for assistance. I hope everything gets resolved for you soon. 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

PatMc64
Contributor
Contributor
I had previously replied and then received another email 4:35 eastern) that you responded to that reply- however nothing is showing in the thread so I have no idea what you last comment was... I have logged out and back in several times to see if it would refresh... not yet 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@PatMc64 wrote:
I had previously replied and then received another email 4:35 eastern) that you responded to that reply- however nothing is showing in the thread so I have no idea what you last comment was... I have logged out and back in several times to see if it would refresh... not yet 😞

Hi @PatMc64,

Uh oh! If you scroll to the top of this page in the thread, you should see my reply above.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

aerik720

Hello, I got a refund that has the status "complete" but I have not got any funds on my debit card or paypal balance.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@aerik720 wrote:

Hello, I got a refund that has the status "complete" but I have not got any funds on my debit card or paypal balance.

Hey @aerik720,

If you paid with a card, the refund will go directly back to that card. This usually takes 3-5 business days to process, but can take up to 30 days to reflect on your balance. I apologize for any inconvenience, but you should see the refund credited soon. 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, July 27th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, August 1st at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.