PayPal Community Chat - July 18, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 18th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

LucasLlach
This is the FOURTH way of contacting paypal I'm using, after email, phone and Twitter DM. Paypal has USD 2.2k belonging to me, I can't use that money and nobody tells me why. Any suggestion on how I should proceed?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LucasLlach wrote:
This is the FOURTH way of contacting paypal I'm using, after email, phone and Twitter DM. Paypal has USD 2.2k belonging to me, I can't use that money and nobody tells me why. Any suggestion on how I should proceed?

Hi @LucasLlach,

I appreciate that you've used the available avenues for contact. Please bear with us if replies have not been forthcoming on any of those channels, as the representatives who work in those queues are working to assist everyone as rapidly as they can. If you have received responses and the answer has been that the case is still in review, I regret that the only answer would be to bear with that process. Some limitations require a deeper review that takes longer, and if that's the case here, there would nbot be a way to expedite that.

I hope things are resolved swiftly for you from here on out.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LucasLlach
So it really can be the case that an account is frozen for let's say 3 weeks without prior notice and without any dispute and in that case the client should just "wait until the review process" is done? Am i undedstanding correctly or theres is some other way I can act to be able to use my money?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LucasLlach wrote:
So it really can be the case that an account is frozen for let's say 3 weeks without prior notice and without any dispute and in that case the client should just "wait until the review process" is done? Am i undedstanding correctly or theres is some other way I can act to be able to use my money?

Hi @LucasLlach,

If an account requires review, it cannot be used for any functions listed in the limitation until that review is complete. If you have completed all the steps required, then there is nothing further to do at this point. PayPal will be in contact with you if anything further is required, or to inform regarding the outcome of the review.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

LucasLlach
Is there some point in time I which I should become worried about Paypal staying with my money? Like e.g. 3 weeks with my money now no problem? If it's 4 weeks? A month? Is there some sort of deadline or Paypal could keep my money for months or years?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@LucasLlach wrote:
Is there some point in time I which I should become worried about Paypal staying with my money? Like e.g. 3 weeks with my money now no problem? If it's 4 weeks? A month? Is there some sort of deadline or Paypal could keep my money for months or years?

Hi @LucasLlach,

When our response time exceeds our predicted timeframes, it is not possible to pinpoint how long that response will take. Depending on the specific reason for the limitation, it may take longer than normal. We understand that the limitation experience is not a good one and we do our best to resolve as quickly as possible. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

remtechnolodgy
Contributor
Contributor

Good night for everyone, everything is clearly this is another meaningless forum that receives answers of the type of artificial intelligence. Extremely kind, but absolutely useless.

Login to Me Too

LP90008

I have a huge problem that is taking way to0 long to resolve. There was some fraud transaction on my account for over $4000. PayPal trying to fix the issue, refunded money to my bank account. There were limitations put on my PayPal acct because the person tried to do the Fraud act twice for the same amount. Last Monday (July 9th) I spoke with a PayPal representative in an attempt to transfer the money that PayPal sent to my bank account back to PayP al. I wasn't able to send the entire amount back at one time, because of the banks daily limitations. The representative I spoke with asked for my debit card information and that transaction cleared quickly. The representative called me back the next morning (Tuesday July 10th) around 6:30am to transfer the remainder of the money that was transferred to my bank account. The money was transferred from my bank account immediately. It has been over a week since the representative called me to complete the last transaction. My PayPal account has been showing a negative balance for over a week. The last transaction has not been cleared. Last week I received a refund from a company and PayPal snatched that up, even though I did my part. I made sure that all the money that was put in my account was returned. I have talked to several people, and nothing has been resolved yet. Representatives have told me that they would call me back. Other representatives have told me that they would email me. So far, no one has kept their word and followed up with me. I have been hung up. I have been up. I have been on hold for hours. I have asked to speak to supervisors and people I have spoke to before and my request have been denied. This is a very frustrating situation.  Can you help me?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@LP90008 wrote:

I have a huge problem that is taking way to0 long to resolve. There was some fraud transaction on my account for over $4000. PayPal trying to fix the issue, refunded money to my bank account. There were limitations put on my PayPal acct because the person tried to do the Fraud act twice for the same amount. Last Monday (July 9th) I spoke with a PayPal representative in an attempt to transfer the money that PayPal sent to my bank account back to PayP al. I wasn't able to send the entire amount back at one time, because of the banks daily limitations. The representative I spoke with asked for my debit card information and that transaction cleared quickly. The representative called me back the next morning (Tuesday July 10th) around 6:30am to transfer the remainder of the money that was transferred to my bank account. The money was transferred from my bank account immediately. It has been over a week since the representative called me to complete the last transaction. My PayPal account has been showing a negative balance for over a week. The last transaction has not been cleared. Last week I received a refund from a company and PayPal snatched that up, even though I did my part. I made sure that all the money that was put in my account was returned. I have talked to several people, and nothing has been resolved yet. Representatives have told me that they would call me back. Other representatives have told me that they would email me. So far, no one has kept their word and followed up with me. I have been hung up. I have been up. I have been on hold for hours. I have asked to speak to supervisors and people I have spoke to before and my request have been denied. This is a very frustrating situation.  Can you help me?

Hi @LP90008,

I can definitely understand how dealing with unauthorized access can be frustrating. I apologize for the time it's taking to resolve this issue, and that we weren't able to fix this for you sooner. Thanks for providing the details so that I can clearly understand the issue. In this situation, I would need to be able to look at the account to verify any details, which we can't discuss over a public forum. In general, some transfers can take longer than others, especially if you're making multiple large transfers at once. Have you received any communication from us regarding the transfer or delay? If it were denied, you would have received an email notification of that. If not, it may still be processing through our system.

If you'd like to have this looked into in more detail, I would advise contacting us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can gather the necessary information to identify the problem and hopefully get it resolved.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

draynr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i was wondering that if i have a dispute open against a seller, what would happen if the seller doesn't have sufficient funds to refund me my momey back? The problem originated when he gave me a tracking number that wasn't my package, but he kept telling me that it's mine even though its destination is in texas and i live in california. They said they made a mistake but won't return my money back

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.