PayPal Community Chat - July 18, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 18th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

PayPal_Olivia

@draynr wrote:

Hi i was wondering that if i have a dispute open against a seller, what would happen if the seller doesn't have sufficient funds to refund me my momey back? The problem originated when he gave me a tracking number that wasn't my package, but he kept telling me that it's mine even though its destination is in texas and i live in california. They said they made a mistake but won't return my money back

Hi @draynr,

That's a great question! When a dispute is opened, the funds from the transaction are placed on hold. If a seller doesn't have those funds in their account any longer, it may cause the account balance to become negative. If the dispute is resolved in your favor, the funds will be returned to you. If you have any questions regarding the protection that PayPal offers, please take a look at the Purchase Protection information here.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LP90008

Thanks for the response. I haven't been able to get a straight answer. It was hinted that it was possibly a glitch in the system. I sent a dm through twitter. I will keep trying different methods of contact. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@LP90008 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I haven't been able to get a straight answer. It was hinted that it was possibly a glitch in the system. I sent a dm through twitter. I will keep trying different methods of contact. 

Hi @LP90008,

Thanks for the update! In this case, I would say that no news is good news. We should get back to you over Twitter as soon as possible. We appreciate you stopping by the chat! Have a good rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Samido
Contributor
Contributor

Case ID Number: PP-007-125-747-206

Why has my account been limited. I don't understand why PayPal claim of high-risk activity. I'm a freelance writer, and I only provide writing services. I deal with digital goods that don't require any shipping. I have just one client who contracted me to create articles for his website.  I had to sign up for a PayPal account sometimes in May this year so that he would be sending the payments.  Sincerely, I know that I have never engaged in any activity that could violate the user agreement. I live alone and I am the only one with access to my computer. What could have gone wrong? I believe that there was something erroneous on the side PayPal' side.

Yesterday, I received some cash from the same client and then I decided to withdrawal part of the payment using TransferTo, a services that enables withdrawal of PayPal balance to Mpesa in Kenya.

I think that there might have been an issue with TransferTo, because I usually get a confirmation message from Safaricom (TransferTo's partner) about the withdrawal. The confirmation message was not instant after yesterday's withdrawal. The confirmation SMS it arrived after about 12 hours. At least, the SMS made me feel a bit relieved and knew that the transaction would eventually go through.

However, to my astonishment, I received another SMS after some few hours later that the transaction could not be completed and that the funds have been reversed back to my account. I log in to my account only to be greeted by a permanent limitation notification.

To the best of my knowledge, I have not violated any of PayPal's policies. I believe that this is a mistake from your side. I would be glad if you could restore my account.

Regards, Sam

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Samido wrote:

Case ID Number: PP-007-125-747-206

Why has my account been limited. I don't understand why PayPal claim of high-risk activity. I'm a freelance writer, and I only provide writing services. I deal with digital goods that don't require any shipping. I have just one client who contracted me to create articles for his website.  I had to sign up for a PayPal account sometimes in May this year so that he would be sending the payments.  Sincerely, I know that I have never engaged in any activity that could violate the user agreement. I live alone and I am the only one with access to my computer. What could have gone wrong? I believe that there was something erroneous on the side PayPal' side.

Yesterday, I received some cash from the same client and then I decided to withdrawal part of the payment using TransferTo, a services that enables withdrawal of PayPal balance to Mpesa in Kenya.

I think that there might have been an issue with TransferTo, because I usually get a confirmation message from Safaricom (TransferTo's partner) about the withdrawal. The confirmation message was not instant after yesterday's withdrawal. The confirmation SMS it arrived after about 12 hours. At least, the SMS made me feel a bit relieved and knew that the transaction would eventually go through.

However, to my astonishment, I received another SMS after some few hours later that the transaction could not be completed and that the funds have been reversed back to my account. I log in to my account only to be greeted by a permanent limitation notification.

To the best of my knowledge, I have not violated any of PayPal's policies. I believe that this is a mistake from your side. I would be glad if you could restore my account.

Regards, Sam

Hi @Samido,

I'm sorry to hear about the limitation. The PayPal Community Forum is a public forum, so I regret that we cannot provide any account-specific assistance, such as reviewing the cause of a limitation. If there were any steps required for the resolution of the limitation, please complete those steps and keep an eye out for updates from the review team. I'm sorry about the inconvenience you're experiencing.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Samido
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. However, I cannot resolve anything through resolution center because my account was permanently limited.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Samido wrote:

Thanks for the advice. However, I cannot resolve anything through resolution center because my account was permanently limited.

Hi @Samido,

I'm very sorry to hear that. In the event of a permanent limitation, the funds would be held for up to 180 days, after which time the money would be made available for withdrawal. Limitations can be placed for a variety of reasons, and sometimes it is not possible for representatives to disclose the specifics. If any information can be disclosed regarding the reason for the limitation, it would have been included in the notification you received about the limitation. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

lukekruger12

Hell

My PayPal account was limited yesterday due to some details needing to be confirmed, and now it's been lifted, every time I try to make a withdrawal or payment it comes up with "We're sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment right now. Please try again later or choose another way to pay." Please help. I need the money to continue with my business and will experience delays in dispatching if I don't get the money ASAP.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@lukekruger12 wrote:

Hell

My PayPal account was limited yesterday due to some details needing to be confirmed, and now it's been lifted, every time I try to make a withdrawal or payment it comes up with "We're sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment right now. Please try again later or choose another way to pay." Please help. I need the money to continue with my business and will experience delays in dispatching if I don't get the money ASAP.

Thanks

Hi @lukekruger12,

I am sorry to hear about the payment declines that you're experiencing. Typically the messaging you're seeing would be due to our security system determining that there is risk related with the payment. There are a lot of factors that are evaluated that go into that determination.

If the payment is not able to be completed at this time, trying it again with a different payment method or trying the same payment method at a later time may yield a different result. I would caution against trying more than a couple of times, however, as too many repeated attempts can add another element of risk to the payment which would cause the security system to be even more cautious. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PureAssa

I had a buyer that filed a case so we had a negative balance for the sale amount +$20.00 for the return of funds. After PayPal looked into the claim they favored with us. We did get the sale amount refunded but we did not get the $20.00 refunded. How do I go about getting the return fee back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.