PayPal Community Chat - July 18, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 18th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Last June 29, I received and email that stated the chargeback case was decided in my favor and that the money was reimbursed to my account or it was released from its hold status. I checked in the resolution center, and it said the same thing. Unfortunately, up to now no reimbursement has happened. My account is still at a negative balance due to it. I checked the transaction affected and it looks like it still is on "temporary hold". I've emailed twice to paypal asking about the status using the topic "negative balance" and I was answered a generic reply using the cit & paste of the FAQs. When I emailed twice using the topic "disputes" and there has been reply. Unfortunately, I live in another country so its impossible for me to call. What method should I use to get in touch with someone helpful? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Correction. I checked the transaction and the last activity linked to it was withdrew funds for chargeback settlement. And I checked the activity page and there has been no reimbursement.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@gemincy wrote:

Hello. Last June 29, I received and email that stated the chargeback case was decided in my favor and that the money was reimbursed to my account or it was released from its hold status. I checked in the resolution center, and it said the same thing. Unfortunately, up to now no reimbursement has happened. My account is still at a negative balance due to it. I checked the transaction affected and it looks like it still is on "temporary hold". I've emailed twice to paypal asking about the status using the topic "negative balance" and I was answered a generic reply using the cit & paste of the FAQs. When I emailed twice using the topic "disputes" and there has been reply. Unfortunately, I live in another country so its impossible for me to call. What method should I use to get in touch with someone helpful? Thank you.

Hi @gemincy,

Great question, and I'm sorry to hear about the delay in the reimbursement and our getting back to you. The best way to get in contact with us if you can't call would be to reach out to our Twitter or Facebook team. As chargebacks are complicated issues, and we wouldn't want you sharing your personal information over the public forum, one of those social media platforms will be your best option. 

If the status says "withdrew funds for chargeback settlement," that means the case was decided in the buyer's favor. If you received notification of this not being the case, then we'll definitely want to look into this to see what happened.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

gemincy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Is there a correct time to try to message? We literally have a 12 hour difference from you. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@gemincy wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Is there a correct time to try to message? We literally have a 12 hour difference from you. 

Hi @gemincy,

You can contact us at any time - we work through our social media messages in the order they're received to keep a fair response time for everyone. We'll be with you there as soon as we can. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

remtechnolodgy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

On June 12, 2018, the amount of 461.25 BGN of the won dispute was refunded  by the seller to my paypal account.
 Since then, already more than  34 days, this amount is visible, but had been blocked and can not be used in any way. It can not be returned to my card and can not be converted into another currency.
I have written dozens of letters to the Paypal help center, with a request to be returned in my card or converted to USD dollar in my account and no result!
I receive answers from a different employee each time: we "paypal" know to the problem, the error is theirs ... after 2-3 will be done and so already almost a month.
What exactly do I have to do to refund this amount or to convert USD into my account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@remtechnolodgy wrote:

hello,

On June 12, 2018, the amount of 461.25 BGN of the won dispute was refunded  by the seller to my paypal account.
 Since then, already more than  34 days, this amount is visible, but had been blocked and can not be used in any way. It can not be returned to my card and can not be converted into another currency.
I have written dozens of letters to the Paypal help center, with a request to be returned in my card or converted to USD dollar in my account and no result!
I receive answers from a different employee each time: we "paypal" know to the problem, the error is theirs ... after 2-3 will be done and so already almost a month.
What exactly do I have to do to refund this amount or to convert USD into my account?

Hi @remtechnolodgy,

I'm sorry to hear that the funds from a refund have not been available to you. I regret that I'm unable to provide account-specific assistance via the forum, so I can't check on what's preventing the funds from being used. I understand that you've reached out by email to PayPal customer service. have you tried Facebook or Twitter? One of those options may be better for having a back-and-forth conversation to help get to the bottom of the situation.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

remtechnolodgy
Contributor
Contributor

sorry, but again meaningless and not competent answer.

Money is available in BRN currency. Please, for 30 days, be converted to US dollars. And I only get fuzzy answers if that's your cadres .... that's a shame for company Paypal.

Login to Me Too

remtechnolodgy
Contributor
Contributor

Since you can not help, just give me a phone number to a competent employee to talk to him in European time?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@remtechnolodgy wrote:

Since you can not help, just give me a phone number to a competent employee to talk to him in European time?

Hi @remtechnolodgy,

To combat the ability for fraudsters to post fake numbers, no phone numbers are allowed in the community. Please click Help&Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page and follow the prompts to find your contact options for PayPal customer support.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.