PayPal Community Chat - July 11, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 11th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

jtc4521
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to privately message users on this forum? Someone else solved the issue that I have but I want to describe my situation to them privately.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@jtc4521 wrote:

Is there any way to privately message users on this forum? Someone else solved the issue that I have but I want to describe my situation to them privately.

Hi @jtc4521,

Thank you for joining our chat. That's a great question! For the sake of safety and the prevention of phishing and other attempts at fraud, the PM feature is not made available. If you put an @ sign in front of the name of the person you're trying to respond to, they should get an automatic email notification when you post. Please also make sure that any public posts that are made do not include any personal information that could be used by a fraudster to target you, such as contact information.

I hope this helps shed some light on things!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

RMusachio
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I’ve tried numerous times to link my Keybank Business Checking account to my PayPal. The account doesn’t show up in my Wallet, and the small deposits don’t show up in my business account. My personal checking account is linked successfully to PayPal. Could the problem be Paypal has “REM Creative Consulting” while Keybank has “Rem Creative Consulting”?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@RMusachio wrote:

Hi,

I’ve tried numerous times to link my Keybank Business Checking account to my PayPal. The account doesn’t show up in my Wallet, and the small deposits don’t show up in my business account. My personal checking account is linked successfully to PayPal. Could the problem be Paypal has “REM Creative Consulting” while Keybank has “Rem Creative Consulting”?

Hi @RMusachio,

Welcome to the chat! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having adding a bank account to your PayPal account.

If the account was able to be linked but the confirmation is not working, the bank may not be accepting the attempt to verify the account. If the bank rejects the deposits for any reason, or has difficulty confirming the information on the account, the confirmation will fail. If the bank returns a response that says that the bank account is invalid, the bank account information may be removed entirely from your wallet.

I'd suggest checking the bank account and routing number information very carefully and try adding the bank account one more time. If that does not work, please reach out to customer support for further troubleshooting and assistance. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Br1993
Can my bank account be used as a payment method if it is not confirmed?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Br1993 wrote:
Can my bank account be used as a payment method if it is not confirmed?

Hey @Br1993,

Great question! You should be able to use the bank without confirming it, however there are some situations in which we might require confirmation. Either way, you'll be able to see if the bank is available as a payment method while going through your checkout process before submitting your payment.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, July 13th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, July 18th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.