PayPal Community Chat - August 8, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 8th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

PayPal_Olivia

@ahmedali95 wrote:
1.yes my email is confirmed. knowing that i confirmed it after i recieved the payment not before. 2.the payment was in dollar 3.i have not linked my bank card to my paypal account

Hi @ahmedali95,

If your account has the ability to accept payments in dollars and your email address is confirmed, a legitimately sent payment that is sent to your exact email address would come through to your account. Is the email address an exact match with all the same letters, numbers and punctuation? Also, are you absolutely certain that the email that you received was from PayPal? If you do not know the sender of the payment very well, you may wish to double-check the email to see if it has any tell-tale signs of being a spoof or phishing email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ahmedali95
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for replying. how do i know that my account can recieve money in dollars?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@ahmedali95 wrote:
thank you for replying. how do i know that my account can recieve money in dollars?

Hi @ahmedali95,

Great question! If you click "Details" next to where it shows the balance in your account's main page, you should see the amounts that you carry in all the currencies that you hold for your account. You can also add a currency on this page if you do not currently accept the currency of the payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

NatalieBrooks

Hi!

I'm new to paypal and I

Have a few quick questions.

Does paypal support savings account?

because I tried to link my Chase bank account (savings) on 8/5/2018 but I did not see the 2 small deposits used to verify the account. I checked again today and they were not there.

The contractors that I hired to help finish my basement preferred to be paid through paypal.

Can I pay  the deposit (4.2K) from my savings account even though my account is only a few weeks old?

Finally,

I already submitted my SSN, DOB, confirmed my email and phone number, is there anything else that I would need to submit?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@NatalieBrooks wrote:

Hi!

I'm new to paypal and I

Have a few quick questions.

Does paypal support savings account?

because I tried to link my Chase bank account (savings) on 8/5/2018 but I did not see the 2 small deposits used to verify the account. I checked again today and they were not there.

The contractors that I hired to help finish my basement preferred to be paid through paypal.

Can I pay  the deposit (4.2K) from my savings account even though my account is only a few weeks old?

Finally,

I already submitted my SSN, DOB, confirmed my email and phone number, is there anything else that I would need to submit?

Thank you!

Hi @NatalieBrooks,

I'm happy to answer your questions!

PayPal does support savings accounts. However, if the deposits don't show up in your account because your bank does not accept them, the account will be unable to be confirmed. It's possible that they are still pending receipt by your bank. It can take 3-5 business days for a bank transfer to go through for US banks, and sometimes more in other countries. 

You may potentially be able to add funds from your bank account. The large amount and the unconfirmed status of the bank are both factors that may cause our security system to prevent the action.

Thank you for submitting the identity information you mentioned. It is not possible to determine whether or not additional information may be required at a later date. Sometimes, for security purposes, additional information or documentation may be requested.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

meech313
Contributor
Contributor
Recently I received a call from PayPal asking to confirm if I made a authorized payment, while I was about to confirm it my daughter actually pressed #2 which meant unauthorized so my PayPal account was limited for a few. The case was closed it was in the seller’s favor which I agree with but I still can’t access my PayPal account, I confirmed the credit card, my number, my email and I still can’t access my account. I need my money as soon as possible to go school shopping for my kids and this is extremely frustrating. PLEASE HELP.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@meech313 wrote:
Recently I received a call from PayPal asking to confirm if I made a authorized payment, while I was about to confirm it my daughter actually pressed #2 which meant unauthorized so my PayPal account was limited for a few. The case was closed it was in the seller’s favor which I agree with but I still can’t access my PayPal account, I confirmed the credit card, my number, my email and I still can’t access my account. I need my money as soon as possible to go school shopping for my kids and this is extremely frustrating. PLEASE HELP.

Hi @meech313,

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that your account underwent limitation! This measure is meant to protect account holders in the event that there was actual unauthorized access. 

Are there any steps that remain incomplete in the Resolution Center? If all the steps are complete and the limitation has not yet been lifted, it's possible that one of the steps requires manual review, and the case is queued for that review. You can inquire about the status by contacting customer service. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

aw2215
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I used PayPal to pay a friend. How can I confirm that the amount has been deposited in their account? The payment status says complete on my side. Does that mean the money was deposited into their account without any issue? Can I see what date the money was deposited into their account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@aw2215 wrote:
Hello. I used PayPal to pay a friend. How can I confirm that the amount has been deposited in their account? The payment status says complete on my side. Does that mean the money was deposited into their account without any issue? Can I see what date the money was deposited into their account?

Hi @aw2215,

If the payment status shows completed on your side, it means it was sent to their account successfully. There is the potential for a hold to be placed on the seller/receiver's side (such as for new sellers, or in the case of a payment that needs to be reviewed). In these cases, there would be no indication on your end that a hold or review is happening. Depending on how the money was sent, instant transfers and payments using a debit or credit card are typically deposited to the receiver immediately. If the payment was done doing an eCheck, the deposit would have been delayed until the funds cleared from your bank. Hopefully this information is helpful. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, August 10th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, August 15th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.