PayPal Community Chat - August 8, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 8th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

JulieRD

Since I am still on hold and it's been 5 hours and 15 minutes, there's definitely an issue with your customer service. I have been afraid to hang up because I really need to get all this resolved. I will follow the link you provided to try and close out the case. 

I suggest that PayPal rethink their customer service. When you are dealing with people's money and we can't get a hold of a real person, it doesn't make for good customer relations. It is only a fluke that I happened to find out you were doing a live chat and get some help from you, which I really appreciate, but what about other times? We should be able to talk to a real person with real concerns, in my opinion. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JulieRD wrote:

Since I am still on hold and it's been 5 hours and 15 minutes, there's definitely an issue with your customer service. I have been afraid to hang up because I really need to get all this resolved. I will follow the link you provided to try and close out the case. 

I suggest that PayPal rethink their customer service. When you are dealing with people's money and we can't get a hold of a real person, it doesn't make for good customer relations. It is only a fluke that I happened to find out you were doing a live chat and get some help from you, which I really appreciate, but what about other times? We should be able to talk to a real person with real concerns, in my opinion. 

Hi @JulieRD,

As I mentioned in my last post, if you've waited that long, it's probably an error in the connection to get through to us. I would advise either hanging up and calling again, or using a different phone and having two calls going if you're worried about hanging up on the first call.

I completely agree that you should be able to reach someone in times such as this regarding urgent matters. I believe the time you've been waiting is due to an error, and that if you do call back we should be able to get with you soon. I apologize again for the wait you've had to endure, I know situations like these are frustrating, but I hope the issue is resolved soon.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JulieRD

Okay, I will just hang up and do as you suggest. I feel really concerned about this whole situation and that so much money was removed from my bank by PayPal. If I need to get a hold of someone because the money doesn't show up, will I be able to? Does anyone really ever answer the phone?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JulieRD wrote:

Okay, I will just hang up and do as you suggest. I feel really concerned about this whole situation and that so much money was removed from my bank by PayPal. If I need to get a hold of someone because the money doesn't show up, will I be able to? Does anyone really ever answer the phone?

Hi @JulieRD,

Yes, we most definitely answer our phone lines. There can sometimes be problems with calls that cause them to sit and wait to get through instead of being delivered. This is a system issue, and I'm happy to ensure it gets reported on your behalf. You can speak with us over the phone, or continue to pursue assistance through Facebook or Twitter, and we'll do everything we can to help get the issue fixed. I sincerely appreciate your patience with the situation.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

meech313
Contributor
Contributor
5 hours????? Wow PayPal is getting out of hand.
Login to Me Too

Littlemeeker
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Pls can you help me ASAP concerning my account limitation I have tried every possible means Arthur
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Littlemeeker wrote:
Hi Pls can you help me ASAP concerning my account limitation I have tried every possible means Arthur

Hi @Littlemeeker,

I'm sorry to hear about the limitation on your account! I regret that we're unable to provide account-specific assistance via the community forum, but if you would like to inquire about the status of your limitation, you can get in touch with customer service. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ahmedali95
Contributor
Contributor
hello everyone some company send me money to my paypall account and i recieved an email from paypall on last friday telling me that i recieved payout from this company and there was a link in the email that i should press on it to claim my payout after pressing on it i was redirected to a log in page on paypal after logging in there was no change in my balance. i you help me to know how to get my money? p.s:i gave the company that sent me my money my email that i registered with on paypal not my paypal.me
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@ahmedali95 wrote:
hello everyone some company send me money to my paypall account and i recieved an email from paypall on last friday telling me that i recieved payout from this company and there was a link in the email that i should press on it to claim my payout after pressing on it i was redirected to a log in page on paypal after logging in there was no change in my balance. i you help me to know how to get my money? p.s:i gave the company that sent me my money my email that i registered with on paypal not my paypal.me

Hi @ahmedali95,

Thank you for joining the chat! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet seen the payment you claimed. Is the email address on your account confirmed? Is the payment in a currency that you hold on your PayPal account? If the answer to either of those questions is no, the payment will not show up until the situation is resolved.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ahmedali95
Contributor
Contributor
1.yes my email is confirmed. knowing that i confirmed it after i recieved the payment not before. 2.the payment was in dollar 3.i have not linked my bank card to my paypal account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.