PayPal Community Chat - August 8, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 8th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JulieRD

I've been on the phone - on hold - trying to talk to someone at PayPal for over 4 1/2 Hours! I have tried "talking" with someone on Facebook in the messenger, but that solved nothing. How can we get help with a live person when our money is missing?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JulieRD wrote:

I've been on the phone - on hold - trying to talk to someone at PayPal for over 4 1/2 Hours! I have tried "talking" with someone on Facebook in the messenger, but that solved nothing. How can we get help with a live person when our money is missing?

Hi @JulieRD,

I'm very sorry to hear you've waited so long to get through to us. Missing money is definitely a cause for concern! 😞 Could you please provide more information regarding your missing funds (without providing any of your personal information, just details of the situation at hand)? I'd be happy to provide any assistance I can, and we can see what options we have from there. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JulieRD

I tried to pay a seller on Ebay on Sunday, August 5th. He is in Australia and I am in USA. I went through the process of paying with PayPal and all looked fine but then had two notifications from PayPal that the payment was cancelled. However, yesterday, money went out of my bank account for that amount but he still wasn't paid. Then this morning, the same amount was taken out of my bank account and none of these funds show up in my PayPal Account nor has the seller been paid. This is a huge amount of money and it's missing. The bank shows it as an e-check to PayPal for both withdrawls. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JulieRD wrote:

I tried to pay a seller on Ebay on Sunday, August 5th. He is in Australia and I am in USA. I went through the process of paying with PayPal and all looked fine but then had two notifications from PayPal that the payment was cancelled. However, yesterday, money went out of my bank account for that amount but he still wasn't paid. Then this morning, the same amount was taken out of my bank account and none of these funds show up in my PayPal Account nor has the seller been paid. This is a huge amount of money and it's missing. The bank shows it as an e-check to PayPal for both withdrawls. 

Hey @JulieRD,

Thank you so much for those details, I appreciate your explaining the situation. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like the transfer is still going through the process of being pulled from the bank. When a transfer is initiated through our system using a bank account, we can't stop the request - either the bank has to complete it or refuse the request. If the transaction is cancelled or refunded through PayPal, the amount processing from the bank will deposit into your PayPal balance directly. As you mentioned the payment is being sent as an eCheck, it can take 3-5 business days for that kind of transfer to process completely. Once it finishes, you'll be able to withdraw the funds back to your bank right away. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

JulieRD

I can understand that, however, two withdraws for the same amount were done. I did not authorize this and it really put me in a bind to have that much go out twice. I don't have that kind of discretionary money to throw around. SO, if the money really does show up in my paypal account, can I transfer it back to my bank account with no issues?  Also, is my Ebay seller going to have to wait for another 5 days to get his money from me? I don't know if he is going to wait this long. Why have I never had this problem when using PayPal before? Things were always paid immediately.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JulieRD wrote:

I can understand that, however, two withdraws for the same amount were done. I did not authorize this and it really put me in a bind to have that much go out twice. I don't have that kind of discretionary money to throw around. SO, if the money really does show up in my paypal account, can I transfer it back to my bank account with no issues?  Also, is my Ebay seller going to have to wait for another 5 days to get his money from me? I don't know if he is going to wait this long. Why have I never had this problem when using PayPal before? Things were always paid immediately.

Hi @JulieRD,

I definitely understand your concern - there can be factors of our security regarding transactions that cause certain payment methods to not be available. You mentioned that it was a high dollar transaction, so that could have bee a factor, among other things. In those situations, we may request an eCheck instead of an instant transfer, as eChecks are a more guaranteed way to ensure a payment is completed.

If the transactions were cancelled, the seller will no receive payment from you. The funds will deposit in your PayPal account and the transaction will be over as far as our process is concerned. If you still have an active payment, then once the eCheck clears, it will go through to the seller's account (this would be within that 3-5 business day time frame). 

Having two transactions process on accident can cause major issues, especially ones of higher dollar amount. In this case, it may be best to reach out to your bank to see what options you have regarding the second transfer. Regrettably, we can't stop that transfer once it's initiated - we either have to wait for it to complete or the bank has to refuse to send the funds.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

JulieRD

I have already contacted my bank, but the money was already sent. Yes, I can dispute it but I am hoping it shows up in my PayPal account first. Here's my other concern. When calling the phone number, there are those automated prompts. I mistakenly said there was a dispute with the Ebay seller, and there's not. How can I get this off my PayPal account? It says there's an open case against this seller, when there shouldn't be. Can you remove that? I really don't like the automated system you have on the phone because it doesn't have enough options to say the correct thing. Honestly, this is a huge mess that has caused a lot of problems.

Also, I would like to know if when that money shows up in my PayPal account, can I transfer it back to my bank? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JulieRD wrote:

I have already contacted my bank, but the money was already sent. Yes, I can dispute it but I am hoping it shows up in my PayPal account first. Here's my other concern. When calling the phone number, there are those automated prompts. I mistakenly said there was a dispute with the Ebay seller, and there's not. How can I get this off my PayPal account? It says there's an open case against this seller, when there shouldn't be. Can you remove that? I really don't like the automated system you have on the phone because it doesn't have enough options to say the correct thing. Honestly, this is a huge mess that has caused a lot of problems.

Also, I would like to know if when that money shows up in my PayPal account, can I transfer it back to my bank? 

Hi @JulieRD,

Oh no! I'm sorry the phone system gave you so much trouble. 😞 I wouldn't be able to take any actions regarding your account, however you can close a dispute using the information here. Follow the steps to access the Resolution Center, choose to view "All Cases," then you should have the option to cancel the claim. If you run into any issues doing that, you may need to try again to reach us over the phone. If you have been waiting for an extended period of time, it's possible there's an issue with your connection, and you may need to redial us again. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.